MAIDSafe is about to Turn the Data Storage Industry Upside-Down

10 Likes

Great article!

Only thing I noticed is that they didn’t mention that it’s not based on the blockchain.

I guess they also didn’t mention safecoin, but that may be due to just keeping it a more simplistic in the overview…

5 Likes

Small article, but in the right place for industry exposure.

What would be the ‘iSCSI target’ spoken of in the comments?

Now to create an SMB, iSCSI target to a storage volume that is based in the MAIDSafe system will be a game changer on so many small companies that need storage and can not afford offsite systems.

3 Likes

iSCSI, which stands for Internet Small Computer System Interface, works on top of the Transport Control Protocol (TCP) and allows the SCSI command to be sent end-to-end over local-area networks (LANs), wide-area networks (WANs) or the Internet.

The Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) is a set of parallel interface standards developed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for attaching printers, disk drives, scanners and other peripherals to computers. SCSI (pronounced “skuzzy”) is supported by all major operating systems.

2 Likes

Thanks, I do have a general understanding of what iSCSI is…but I thought this guy was suggesting some kind of native functionality that maybe bypasses some subsytems and thus gets the bits closer to the network.

iSCSI target to a storage volume that is based in the MAIDSafe system

ahh…gotcha.

well some of the original vids of safe demos had the network mounted as a drive…i wonder if other volumes/hardware/IOT items might be able to act almost natively…hmmm…

2 Likes