So, the problem (if you wanted to even call it that!) has been solved. To anyone who would PREFER to use their Ledger Nano or HW.1s, etc, to store MAID you can!
You just have to have offline (for your own sake, technically NOT necessary, but why risk if you plan on reusing the wallet?) access to https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ and follow these instructions (NOTE: these are for 1 account wallets, for additional accounts you may have to alter some inputs to compensate for the additionals) :
- File > Save-as, save this page as a file (bip39.html)
- shutdown all internet (wifi off)
- open the file bip39.html in your browser
- select “number of words” 24
- in the BIP 39 mnemonic enter your 24 words
- scroll down and make sure BIP44 is selected
- on the “Derived Addresses” section, you should find somewhere the address where you sent the Maidsafe coins
- copy on a text file what is under “private key” on the line corresponding to your address (starts by L or K, for instance L5mynsTnASdqLPi2pocNXcJdtu3f76N4D9vU2PSw8hmysaxDGeBt)
- when it’s saved somewhere, kill the browser
- reactivate internet (wifi on)
- go to your omniwallet account, import funds, paste your private key
- make sure it moved the funds to a new addres (you should see an outgoing transaction in your Ledger Wallet Chrome address)
Hope this helps anyone who makes the same confusing transfer, and helps anyone who actually prefers to store on a HardWallet like myself. I’ve moved the MAIDS to paper for the convenience, but I’m no where near savvy at the moment…so for someone who IS, maybe the Hardwallet poses no real inconvenience!
Thanks for anyone who read ANY of this because it showed at least you were ready to hit reply even if it doesn’t help!!!