MaidSafe Dev Update - September 28, 2017

@intrz are you saying you’d like a pre-packaged version of the browser with mock routing? Instead of having to build from scratch?

If you weren’t, might be a handy thing nontheless :smile:

7 Likes

Ledbat congestion control is only one of the beneficial parts. The other, and possibly the most important, is that UDP (and uTP as derivative) NAT traversal is much more easy than TCP.

Spandan have some detailed explanation in its P2P crate.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m saying. It’s a bit annoying to do like once a week :stuck_out_tongue:

It would also make it easier for new people to get started with developing their own apps.

5 Likes

Totally agree with you.

Will keep this in mind as we go forward with the build pipeline improvements.

8 Likes

I just can’t wait till we have uTP support which will make running vaults easier.

Call me when Alpha 3 is out. About to be insane

how long before Alpha 3 is out?

Nobody knows. It depends on getting new things working that nobody has ever had working before, so it’s uncertain.

Keeping an eye on weekly dev updates is the best way of getting a feel for how things are progressing.

2 Likes

do you really have to read 180 topics before are able to get on the safe net

179 now …

1 Like

how do you know how many your at sorry for the questions im just trying to learn

It’s 180 posts, or view 30 topics (not read the whole thing - just enter/view 30 topics):

Edit: it’s 180 posts and (not or) 30 topics, and spend 60 minutes reading (thanks @neo for correcting this).

2 Likes

oh or view 30 topis that’s not so bad thanks man

1 Like

Yeah, I was just joking.:slightly_smiling_face: Should only take you an hour or so. It’s just a limit put in place to slow people down who might want to spam the network while it’s still in testing mode.

1 Like

I hear you man, I just stumbled upon maidsafe, i use tor quite a bit and i just wanted to see if there was something better out there

1 Like

It will be a lot more anonymous and secure than Tor when it’s finished as traffic is encrypted at every stage, IP addresses are anonymised after the first hop and traffic profiling will be impossible.

2 Likes

dude that is awesome, is there going to be any regulation to it or is it going to be free

it will be free to browse. safe coins will be needed to use voip or to store data.

People can earn safe coins by offering up their hard drive space (called farming).

anyone can correct me if i’m wrong.

4 Likes

You have to do all three. No “or”

start reading 30 topics AND read 180 posts AND spend 60 minutes reading the forum. In theory you could do this in 61 minutes.

1 Like

Great update. Glad to see such a transparent project steadily moving ahead.

1 Like