these ‘solutions’ are not fit for purpose

safe-tl

12 Likes

i got the same, five minutes later it worked fine

2 Likes

Everything’s amazing!

except for this:
Core error: Unexpected: Could not connect to the SAFE Network
(Windows 7, dell inspiron, local LAN, dunno about firewalls)
That error in red text was given after I tried to create an account in authenticator. About 5 minutes ago.

edit: Someone PM’d me… I forgot to click “Set IP” lol. I think I might’ve gone the entirety of Test 17-19 without knowing I needed to click that. Just created an account for my first time!

1 Like

safe://2048.play hasn’t been uploaded yet. Please fix asap, Only 1" of buckfast left in 2nd bottle…

2 Likes

Windows 7 user here.
Downloaded and installed the SAFE Browser fine.
Obtained an invite fine.
Registered and account with the Authenticator fine also.
Trying the Web Hosting Manager next.

Nothing special but the Web Hosting Manager worked fine - safe://templatesite.upstate/

3 Likes

This all seems very integrated and flows very smoothly. I think I should’ve gotten some booze, too. I think I’m extremely confident in the future of this project, now.

6 Likes

Just finished downloading everything. Got my token, launched the browser, created my new ID, and even uploaded a simple web page and graphic - using an old page I wrote back in 2011 for some reports I was offering at the time. Order button deleted naturally :slight_smile:

safe://freedom.mcjazz/

1 Like

I put a demo app up on alpha2: safe://myfd.rsports

I only got this working with the new API today so high five @MaidSafe :raised_hand: and thanks to @bochaco, @hunterlester, @joshuef, @Krishna_Kumar (welcome back), @nbaksalyar and community members for your help getting up to speed and crushing my bugs!

Old hands will recognise it and essentially its just a test, showing that remotestorage.js applications can use SAFEnetwork instead of an RS server to provider offlineFirst web applications (like your own personal cloud, data sync etc).

The application is a simple demo which maintains a list which you can add or delete from, but which is sync’d to the network, so whichever device you log in from should show the same list. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Also:

a website: safe://rsports (to be updated later)
email: happybeing

Enjoy folks, Alpha2 is working well and seems snappy to me. If you have problems, I suggest going again to invite.maidsafe.net and checking that your IP is correctly registered.

23 Likes

I’am humble too all the work that all of you at Maidsafe have done and accomplished, especialy in the latest times, to give us the joy and happieness of experiencing the Alpha 2.

The new site looks really good and professional.
Finally I would like to propose a little change in the catch phrase, The phrase sounds good but I felt I missed the word “secure”.
Proposal: The World`s First Autonomous And Secure Data Network.

5 Likes

I would like to send a mail to someone now I am up and running with safe mail on alpha2! It’s a bit boring just sending mails to myself! Anyone else set up their mail yet?

Yes, I’m set up - so you can send a message to: mcjazz :slight_smile:

Got it! Such fun…

Set up too. Great job as always Maidsafe!!! Have a drink on me :):grin:

email me at : bittog9

2 Likes

Must of been someone else jumping on the bandwagon as I just sent mine!

Strange, I haven’t received it. What’s your email ID? I’ll send you one…

is your name on the forum your email?

Send messages to: mcjazz

kdawg123 is my address

Wow, works on my tablet which didn’t run before (Android 5.0.1). That was sweet seeing in log in and show me the apps I’d authorised on my laptop! :slight_smile: Thanks for the tip @Josh

Almost works on my phone (but this is expected as I’m on Android 4.4):

• SAFE Messages installs but crashes on “Request Authorisation”
  • Authenticator fails to install - “parsing error”
7 Likes

Like the new website - in particular the road-map at the bottom of the page.

4 Likes