MaidSafe Dev Update - September 21, 2017 - Alpha 2

@ustulation I get this after clicking on “Alpha 2” on the chooser page:

invite

1 Like

How do I go about testing alpha 2? I’m new to the forum.
Thanks

1 Like

The event we’ve all been waiting for… congratulations!

I also took a peek at the new maidsafe.net website. First impressions are it looks very professional and “now”. However, I think a good overview video should be added, along with more clarity and examples as to “how” the Safe Network can be used by ordinary folk, so that people don’t just interpret the project as simply another “data storage” one.

13 Likes

You will need to go to the base URL of the invite server, login and then continue. Just refreshing would not work. can you pls try that and let us know ?

1 Like

Tried it again before and after clearing cache. Still no luck with the 504 error.

1 Like

Totally agree. A new overview video is being made at the moment, it will be another few weeks before it is complete.

23 Likes

I wish I could like this twice :grin:

8 Likes

Excellent stuff moar chars

1 Like

Works on my phone now, have you tried!!
I was going to buy a new phone tomorrow just for mobile… unbelievable I know :rofl:

9 Likes

Same here, can not set the IP for Alpha 2 at the moment. 504 error on Win10/64.

Thanks, now I get to the “set ip” page again. Still getting a timeout though.

Nevertheless, huge thank you maidsafe team your effort and again, congratulations on this milestone! :slight_smile:

holy haggis ! bring the music , dancers and wine, the times of freeing our minds just got a step closer

thank you guys for the crazy amount of work that you pour in this , and for the great hopes that shine ahead.

6 Likes

This was due in June, no?

You sound like my wife.

7 Likes

Mine as well…

6 Likes

Me too. I click the “SET IP” button, and it hangs for a minute or so, before the browser finally gives me a pop-up like below.

1 Like

Great work guys! Looking forward to trying it out!

2 Likes

We just stopped the invitation server for 5 minutes to clear the sessions that got stalled from the restart. We’ll start it again shortly.

EDIT: The invitation server should work fine now.

10 Likes

The old site was cool … the new website is stunning.
“The World’s First Autonomous Data Network” - WOW!
Thanks from my family , friends, and me for the grit, determination, and skill in bringing this “must be” (imo) technology to the world, step by step. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Turned it off, turned it back on again. Gotcha.

3 Likes