MaidSafe Dev Update - September 14, 2017

Army of ants to be precise! :muscle:

5 Likes

Am I correct in thinking that with the release of Alpha-2 next week that the forum user level -1 requirement goes away?

4 Likes

I doubt it, it would open up the network to miscreants, too soon, when not everything is tested.

3 Likes

They were not allowed their phones till it was working :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And not allowed to leave till it was done. :rofl:

11 Likes

interesting, I can connect fine from Android ( 7.1.2 , lineage 14.1 ) , but only if I use the wifi network.
If I use the 4G mobile network, it says it is unable to connect to safenetwork.

EDIT : I forgot I needed to update my IP - it works nicely on the mobile network too :slight_smile:

1 Like

The invite code will stay for the time being, still an effective way of preventing spam pre safecoin.

14 Likes

Phone SafeAuthenticator status:
Andriod 7 - Installs fine and when I run it either from WiFi [2 differents ones] OR LTE it errors out with this:

2 Likes

That sounds like you haven’t got your IP address whitelisted. Did you visit the invite site and register your new IP address?

Also people need to remember that some mobile networks change you allocated IP address often. Some don’t.

2 Likes

My WiFi would have the same IP my Windows machines have.
But the LTE would have a different one, you’re right.

EDIT: However now I can’t get connected with the SAFE browser either, but earlier I could…same IP address since I registered.

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t know then, but maybe someone from @maidsafe can answer. Try reregistering your IP again anyhow. And force stop SAFE App on the phone before trying the phone again

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work to everyone in MaidSafe. Great job and really excited for the next Alpha.

Will it still have a limit of 500 POSTS?

Will it still be restricted to only forum users with a certain level?

1 Like

What if my isp uses dynamic ip addresses?

1 Like

Even a dynamic IP address will last for some time. Just use the invitation website to update the IP when it changes.

1 Like

@markwylde These limits must remain in place through the next couple of alphas at least, until the network self protect measures are all in place. That’s what MaidSafe are working on: data chains and then test SafeCoin etc EDIT: but the PUT limit was already raised, now 1,000 [corrected]

What an awesome update Maidsafe, thank you very much for your amazing stamina, determination, and creativity. I missed the update last night, went to bed just before it from the looks of things which at least meant I slept well :slight_smile:

My phone is ancient but I’m hoping my tablet will let me play. @MaidSafe, might you support earlier versions of android at any point, or is 5 [edited] a definite baseline?

I have some tweets to put out today… Alpha2 coming and mobile demos arrive in one update! Very sneaky :laughing:

13 Likes

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20170915100348

Anyone having problems to connect? My IP matches, but I can’t seem to get past the registration part.

I think there’s a problem with the invite server

1 Like

5.0 is the base line @happybeing but I think it also depends on the chipset used by the manufacturer. One of team was running 6.0 with an older phone, using ARM, and we weren’t able to get the Authenticator running.

3 Likes

Hey @maidsafe,

nice work! It needs to be on as many platforms as possible!

Is there some read why you have chosen xamarian over other solutions apart to have a

?

Cheers!

Xamarin Mobile app. Does that mean there’s now a .NET SDK that could be used for non-mobile apps also?

1 Like

Nope. There’s no detached .NET SDK for Mobile either. they’re all just bundled in the project PCLs. Extracting the extern definitions and the corresponding delegates would be needed to interact with corresponding desktop native libs.

4 Likes