MaidSafe Dev Update - October 5, 2017

Never! (20 characters)

13 Likes

Thanks for the update!

4 Likes

@Krishna_Kumar what are the chances of an attachment option in mobile message app. Will make for grande fun!!

4 Likes

Pre-built mock browser, yeah! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Momentum is definitely building! I can’t help but be worried that launch will be significantly delayed by the secure section message transfer issue. This along with data chains apparently poses the greatest challenge among the remaining tasks.

Hopefully the new recruites will provide a fresh perspective needed for a working implementation soon. You guys have tackled titans before. I wonder how long it’ll take to bring these to their knees!? :sunglasses:

9 Likes

does someone have an invitation code for me ?

1 Like

Use this link and you’re good :+1:

https://invite.maidsafe.net/

2 Likes

thank you so much for the help

Thanks so much for the update. I love reading about the steady and sure progress. I can’t wait to see the new HQ pictures!

Downloaded the mobile authenticator (Android) and login. Says there I have no Apps. Where do I download the apps?

I use Firefox on my Android to download both the binaries. And after that I search for “safe” in all my apps and they show up. From that point I put them on my frontscreen. You need to give permission to Firefox to download these apps as they’re not yet in the Google Playstore.

2 Likes

It’s be great if there was some sort of hints on how to get an invite.

Anyway, I’ll check back in a few months.

Click here and all will be revealed:

https://invite.maidsafe.net/

2 Likes

I believe the hint is the big blue button that says “claim an invitation” :wink:

9 Likes

I guess it can always be even more clear :wink: :

Click_Here_Button_animated_1_

or other examples here.

3 Likes

I’m pumped. I thought I was the one with a low level of tech skill but I see I’ve been underrating myself. Maybe the big blue button should be flashing red😄

6 Likes

Broken.

1 Like

Did you update your ip above where you copied the token?
Although I’m not sure that’s the issue from that shot, worth a try.

3 Likes

yeah this error message could be improved though,

because “Could not connect to the SAFE Network” makes it sound like a basic network error, and might turn people away. Happened over here on a demo before

7 Likes

It seems Maidsafe Solutions/Asia has lost steam after the spammer delayed Alpha 2, I hope all the interest created at Jakarta was not lost. There was so much enthusiasm from them, is it possible to get a brief update? @maidsafe
Too many people are trying to judge progress by how many people are bagging MAID when bagging app devs is a real sign of progress.

14 Likes