MaidSafe Dev Update - November 30, 2017

To whom. Only those who don’t do their research and rely on others to do it for them. Even a few hours reading a month is enough to know otherwise.

Progress is not measured by being on the top of a manipulated crypto market. I can have a useless coin that has few trades and yet have a market cap of billions because the last trade for 0.00001 coins was for 10$ per coin (trade amt = 0.1 cents)

Also progress cannot be measured by market cap ranking because as new coins and projects come and go they can be above others since they have more coins and pumps/dumps during the period viewed.

Progress is measured by actual progress, odd I know to measure progress by actual metrics rather than the opinion of those buying and selling pumps and dumps.

Where are they being lost. I didn’t know the devs were so hard worked that they forget how to find their way home and back to work. But seriously look for yourself and realise as David says in any project longer than 1 year that there will be devs come and go. If you spent time reading the last 10 updates you would see the expansion of the team. And the occasional dev move onto other things or as a couple have taken extended leave (eg marriage for one)

But it seems your intention was not to learn since you could have read updates and found out for yourself.

15 Likes

Current market cap stats means nothing to me when information like this is out there.

How many projects with a marketcap larger than Maidsafe won’t even exist in a year?

7 Likes

We should be suspicious of any organization that doesn’t focus on their technology and instead hypes the underlying investment value of their coin. Maidsafe is right to focus on getting a network out instead of hyping the short term value of their coin.

17 Likes

speaking of natural systems. Paul Stamets (Mushroom expert) was on the Joe Rogan Podcast recently talking about how the Japanese subway system used results from experiments with mycelium (the network that connects mushrooms under ground) to reorganize their subway system. The results were a much more efficient network.

That got me wondering how maidsafe could use examples from nature to solve network problems.

But anyways just thought that was interesting.

4 Likes

Where can I find a list of addresses for site to look at using the Safe Browser?

This is a good place to start.

Note: a few of them only work with the updated browser, version 0.7.0

6 Likes

Hello,

I have just bout some Maidsafe coins today and will be looking to purchase more in the near future. Could anyone at Maidsafe educate me on the stages of the entire project for example… the Alpha stage, Beta stage etc - and where the project is currently at. The stages do not mean much to me at this stage so I would like to have a better understanding of how far the project is away from becoming live. Any information regarding this would be appreciated as this will determine how much I will buy in the future.

Thanks in advance.

T

2 Likes

Hi and welcome. Our high-level roadmap is at the bottom of our homepage.

6 Likes

OK thanks for the reply. I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Maidsafe,

How long did it take Maidsafe to complete Alpha 1?
When are we expecting to complete Alpha 2, 3 and 4?
Do we have an approx time to reach the beyond stage?

I guess how long is a piece of string right?

Apologies on all newbie the questions.

Cheers.

2 Likes

left ? … :wink:

5 Likes

Great job MaidSafe!

Looks like everyone’s having success opening offices recently :wink:

And thanks for the extra updates @Krishna_Kumar. I just met with one of my my devs here in Malaysia (Mr @vjbollavarapu) from Chennai and he was telling me how helpful and responsive you’ve been for him on the safedev.org forum as he goes along, so I can’t thank you enough for that.

Working alongside such an honest, humble, and passionate group of geniuses makes even the hard parts enjoyable :slight_smile: Thanks MaidSafe for everything you do, and never hesitate to call on us and the greater community for anything. Lots of helpful people all around the globe, and we all support you more than anything!

Privacy, security, freedom! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Here’s a shot of our meeting in 360! (that’s NOT my car btw lol):

11 Likes

You’re not going to get a timeline, only a roadmap. They are coding a system that has never existed before and as such there is no means to really put any time on it (at least while being honest). So the fact that they don’t give a timeline is really a testament to their integrity/honesty here.

Each week progress is being made toward the goals on the roadmap, so if you are thinking of buying tokens, then IMO, buy for the long haul - it may be nine months, but it maybe nine years! My personal bet is somewhere in between.

10 Likes

Sorry for a dumb question- Can someone please explain how crust/uTP work is related to data chain ?

Here is the crust code, the readme on this page explains what crust is crust/README.md at master · maidsafe-archive/crust · GitHub

This will show you crust is a general purpose secured p2p transport mechanism. Routing tells crust what to transport. Routing can be called an overlay network, but its the heart of SAFE really, where computers find each other and are analysed / accepted rejected etc. into the network.

7 Likes

I’m sure most here understand that a timeline isn’t really possible. But that roadmap is high-level in the extreme. Maybe it would be possible to give at least a bit more detail as to what should be done and in what order?

1 Like

The dev updates have provided a lot of detail in relation to the approach for alpha 3 and this is likely to continue as the guys move the speccing out the tasks. We are likely to take the same approach to alpha 4 once 3 is complete. Spending time now planning out alpha 4 and beyond only slows us down and task orders will likely change anyway as we move through the implementation.

13 Likes

Hi @nicklambert do you have any other business related SAFE meetings planed for the near future ? Thx in advance ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Adam, I have SAFE business meetings most weeks of varying types, they can be with companies looking at how they integrate and use the network within their own use case, we have strategy meetings, we speak with potential partners (promotional partners, exchanges, opening new offices…etc…). In some cases the companies specifically request that we don’t speak about discussions publicly. We would tend to let the community know where we have news that we think is of interest and is ok to mention.

18 Likes

Yeah I’m in for the long haul. Let’s hope it not gonna be near the 9 year mark. But thanks for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like