MaidSafe Dev Update - November 2, 2017

It is a real bus? Where is that?

Does this mean I am SOL, or is there some work around for me? Without access I won’t be able to do any kind of development as promised. I’d really like to solve this problem of my access, I am sure it may be a problem for someone else as well. i have no other option for Internet access as I am very remote. My log is posted above, which makes me uneasy, not sure if there is any tracking info in there that someone could use against me.

This sounds like what I’m using (not sure if you really mean ‘rooted’).

I have mobile broadband, enable the hotspot on my (Android) mobile and use that. Yes I often have to update my IP, but it takes a second (I just keep a tab open with the invite URL in it and I can see if it needs updating whenever my PC boots).

EDIT: these days I usually use a VPN too, but it also works without that.

I don’t see why you can’t also do this.

Its my vision of the future :wink: not real yet!

For dev really a local test is what you want then deploy to the alpha network when you are happy. You can use the mock-routing versions of the libs, or indeed build your own small tenet (can be done on a single pc, a couple is best) for a full network experience. However mock routing binaries are on the site and these will work for you.

then there must be something else I am doing wrong because I am doing exactly that. In fact while I logged in, no ip had changed for the entire day. so it was funny to me why it boiled down to ip.

"Core error: Unexpected: Could not connect to the SAFE Network" Can't create an account to use the Browser

thank you, I will look into it.

Good luck, the mock binaries don’t work for me (yet), but I guess a local network would (not tried).

It is a wifi tether router app using root access. Not part of the phone company.

Ok, there’s the difference and possibly the problem. I’m not doing that - I have 20G/month of tethered b/w on my contract.

I had to find another way around the twenty gig limitation. if i download two or three hp Linux machines then the twenty gigs is gone in a few days. I don’t see how anyone could survive with twenty gigs and I rarely watch videos.

If you can’t figure anything else out, I suppose you could fire up a VPS and access Alpha2 network via your VPS. You normally even have the option of setting a static IP for a VPS, so you’d never have to worry about IP changing in that case.

I will second this solution

And another is to use a VPN which will give you a IP that changes occasionally only. Can get ones that give you a specific IP address for a little extra per month.

But you are right there does sound like another problem you have. @JPL has helped a number of people and maybe if he cannot then @maidsafe could help.

Have you checked your firewalls are not interferring and that you have the correct binaries downloaded from the links in the dev updates.

Adaptation is a core element found in any successful evolution of intelligence (Autonomous Function).

The network should also be able to revert to a previous state in the case of degraded performance. Some sort performance and behavior log that sections maintain after every “upgrade”. This behavior and performance history log should grow to no larger than a few megs. Once that limit is reached from weeks of gathered performance data, the the log is reset until the next upgrade event. This in effect means the network believes itself to be stable.

In the case that instabilities are detected by groups, each group will submit a reversion vote. Using a similar consensus algorithm applied to sections the network then authorizes the roll back. Sections report the successful roll back to each other then once again reach a consensus on the validity of their current state. Data chains will likely bake this in. How close am I to the planned mechanics for upgrade and roll back?

@maidsafe