MaidSafe Dev Update - November 16, 2017

OK, understood. Grazzie papa!

4 Likes

I think thats a good approximation :smile:
1 meter (10) Duvel in 1 hour is certainly unrealistic: Duvel Challenge - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks for this info.

Itā€™s good to dream. You dreamer

Geometrically speaking thatā€™s two Irish blokes divide their size by a hobbits pube and the answer is 37 m2

Read the forum guidelines Guidelines - Safe Network Forum

Pretty cool Scottish company https://purelifi.com
Scots are on fire :+1:

5 Likes

Interesting. I heard about the concept of transmitting data using light a few years back, I think BT were working on it, but had seen nothing much since. Looks like this company have taken it into production with a couple of live case studies. I wonder how much it costs?

Cant imagine it is expensive they are talking about each light fitting in a building being used for uninterrupted coverage.
The security benifit is the signal only travels as far as the light can, so its contained unlike wi-fi. (Infrared is possible too so actual visible light is not required)
They are even talking about street lamps, entire cities covered in the future.

3 Likes

@nicklambert you speaking at google?

1 Like

Yes, next week. It seems that have quite a few talks from internal speakers and they asked that we present to them. Unfortunately they keep the filming of the presentation internal, but still a good opportunity.

13 Likes

Good sign. Google are going to need a head start if they are going to shift their business model.

2 Likes

I wonder what/whom piqued their interest :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :shark:

1 Like

Given they invested in storj (IIRC), they have a track record of supporting distributed data storage solutions. Obviously, safe net goes way beyond this, but this alone should mean it is on their radar.

Tbh, it is a little surprising these big boys havenā€™t been tempted to safe net, considering the number of other projects which have received support. I know safe net is a potential competitor to their business model, but successful businesses embrace change and plan for the future, rather than trying to cling to an aging monopoly.

3 Likes

Or cheekily grab hold of SAFEā€™s coat tails and launch an inferior and largely dissimilar product to the gullible masses thus ensuring they continue to meet the 70% investor return quotaā€¦ :sob:

Sorry didnā€™t mean to be negative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As far as I understand the technology is protected and google wont be able to.

What they should do, and other internet giants, is stock pile a large amount of safe coins so they
can use SAFENetwork services and provide an initial kick off for any ideas they have.

2 Likes

More the idea than the tech was where I was heading on that one :wink:

Thereā€™s some good souls deep in that Company donā€™t get me wrong but business is well business I guess

Thatā€™s great news. Please keep us posted

4 Likes

Groundbreaking tech piqued their interest!!
If Googles noticing whatever their motives thats fantastic.

2 Likes

Maybe a a backed to secure their Google storage services? And why not, a lot of people wonā€™t understand SAFENet or move over quickly. Goggles customers would benefit from storage security, perhaps not privacy as they will be the middle man.

Imagine, Googleā€™s servers running vaults. Wow. It would also generate profit for them.