MaidSafe Dev Update - November 16, 2017

I think thats a good approximation :smile:
1 meter (10) Duvel in 1 hour is certainly unrealistic: Duvel Challenge - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks for this info.

It’s good to dream. You dreamer

Geometrically speaking that’s two Irish blokes divide their size by a hobbits pube and the answer is 37 m2

Read the forum guidelines Guidelines - Safe Network Forum

Pretty cool Scottish company https://purelifi.com
Scots are on fire :+1:

5 Likes

Interesting. I heard about the concept of transmitting data using light a few years back, I think BT were working on it, but had seen nothing much since. Looks like this company have taken it into production with a couple of live case studies. I wonder how much it costs?

Cant imagine it is expensive they are talking about each light fitting in a building being used for uninterrupted coverage.
The security benifit is the signal only travels as far as the light can, so its contained unlike wi-fi. (Infrared is possible too so actual visible light is not required)
They are even talking about street lamps, entire cities covered in the future.

3 Likes

@nicklambert you speaking at google?

1 Like

Yes, next week. It seems that have quite a few talks from internal speakers and they asked that we present to them. Unfortunately they keep the filming of the presentation internal, but still a good opportunity.

13 Likes

Good sign. Google are going to need a head start if they are going to shift their business model.

2 Likes

I wonder what/whom piqued their interest :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :shark:

1 Like

Given they invested in storj (IIRC), they have a track record of supporting distributed data storage solutions. Obviously, safe net goes way beyond this, but this alone should mean it is on their radar.

Tbh, it is a little surprising these big boys haven’t been tempted to safe net, considering the number of other projects which have received support. I know safe net is a potential competitor to their business model, but successful businesses embrace change and plan for the future, rather than trying to cling to an aging monopoly.

3 Likes

Or cheekily grab hold of SAFE’s coat tails and launch an inferior and largely dissimilar product to the gullible masses thus ensuring they continue to meet the 70% investor return quota… :sob:

Sorry didn’t mean to be negative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As far as I understand the technology is protected and google wont be able to.

What they should do, and other internet giants, is stock pile a large amount of safe coins so they
can use SAFENetwork services and provide an initial kick off for any ideas they have.

2 Likes

More the idea than the tech was where I was heading on that one :wink:

There’s some good souls deep in that Company don’t get me wrong but business is well business I guess

That’s great news. Please keep us posted

4 Likes

Groundbreaking tech piqued their interest!!
If Googles noticing whatever their motives thats fantastic.

2 Likes

Maybe a a backed to secure their Google storage services? And why not, a lot of people won’t understand SAFENet or move over quickly. Goggles customers would benefit from storage security, perhaps not privacy as they will be the middle man.

Imagine, Google’s servers running vaults. Wow. It would also generate profit for them.

I don’t know, but is it that special?
A lot of people speak at Google tech talks etc I think (even cycling managers).
And David Irvine already had a presentation @Google: Seattle Conference on Scalability: maidsafe: A New Networki - YouTube