MaidSafe Dev Update - May 31, 2018

Better to have them as your loyal minions than against you :wink:

3 Likes

WOW, Just Fricken WOW!!!
It’s like some teenager not getting enough, just picked something at random to dump a giant turd on and then tried to defend himself against.

Dang it, guys and gals, you were too light on him!!

EDIT: Also of note, I have now been here One Year…Much prouder of that than many years on FB!!

6 Likes

from time to time some riff-raff will spawn randomly. Mostly knows very little about the project. Very fascinating same pattern can be observed, ie; their fingers move faster than their brain does.

I hope the team turns this ruckus into strength to want to prove the naysayer wrong more.

This is an excellent point. SAFE is not the first mover, but the mover that is getting it right. Let the trolls troll, it just means we are closer than ever. I feel an inexplicable energy in this discussion, like when the sun breaks, just as the sky darkens. Anger is an energy. Use it to express something positive like new code, like transporting ideas into new spheres of reality. Trolls are guided by fear, which turns into hatred, which gives birth to ignorance. I love how the people on this forum defend the truth, it feels like an enlightened place.

10 Likes

Yeah, probably. But excessive patience tends to be how this forum rolls. Works out best in the end.

9 Likes

In my keeping that everything can be related to a Star Wars quote, I’ll leave this here too :smiley:

7 Likes

Boy have you shocked me. I suppose the next thing you will say is that the world is FLAT and we have been scammed for generations

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to use HitBTC Exchange to buy MaidSafe (MAID)

An impossible to follow, baseless, unresearched, poorly-spelled, flailing garbage-filled rant one week after Parsec is released…? I can almost stomach it, people are a bit wild sometimes and who knows what motivates them.

But mentioning that someone has a particular accent? Are we in a playground here throwing dirt at each other? Is this intended as an insult? Why did you mention this?

Pierre speaks a clear and understandable English in his Parsec video, and I will not hear otherwise on the matter. If the (perfctly clear) English accent of the speaker presenting information is a factor for you in your assessment of that information, then you need to reassess how you interact with information generally, I would politely suggest.

7 Likes

Highlow - :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I could go on. Ignore him.

The truth always stands the test of time.

We shall see…c’mon Maidsafe. I have a few people who give me shit about this project. Lets prove these pricks wrong💪

10 Likes

I’m quoting myself above and ignoring my own suggestion. The thing is, looking at @highlow’s rant, it made me think of @nemgun from that old NVO farce (NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale). @highlow’s English is so bad, I don’t think he is a native speaker. He could be an extremely uneducated and sloppy one, but I doubt it. Maybe somebody could take a look at his IP address. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Algerian.

EDIT: Apparently the IP address points to Romania. The time stamps of the older posts also don’t fit with @nemgun. I should probably have just heeded my own advice…

4 Likes

It been nearly a year since I have been here, when should I come back in 2019. Is safe coin released?

I don’t think you need to wait that long, I am wagering test coins of some sort by Christmas :christmas_tree:
(lots of excitement to come before official safecoin)

2 Likes

You can check news coverage. Gonna have world wide buzz

2 Likes

Viv updated in another thread yesterday…we are not as close as we think we are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Josh is pretty close. There will likely be a period post alpha 3 where we can chuck test coins around at each other (very likely towards the end of this year/start of next year) like a bunch of excited 5 year olds :smile:

Alpha 3 will be a few months yet (IMO) but after that watch this place start to light up as testsafecoin and farming start being discussed in earnest, it’ll be a feeling on the forum very much like those 5 kids had when they found the golden tickets into Willy Wonkas factory :wink:

6 Likes

For new eyes on the forum who may have missed it, coins have been on Alpha 2 already.

Has anybody used these recently, I am not sure of current status?

3 Likes

folks, keeping peace of mind is good… Letting Highlow speak is good for us, we don´t need to ban him or anything, our assertion of what we think of maidsafe is a good thing, better still will the day when we will be able to shut all haters up !. :slight_smile: …that is what a chat page is for, right ? (let us just not kill each other - hehehe )

3 Likes

If history serves as a prediction, my guess would be…

Alpha 1 Aug-Sep 2016
Alpha 2 Aug-Sep 2017
Alpha 3 Aug-Sep 2018
Alpha 4 Aug-Sep 2019
Beta 1 Aug-Sep 2020

1 Like

Of corse this doesn’t take into account for exponential growth.