MaidSafe Dev Update - May 24, 2018 - Introducing PARSEC

There is indeed a video coming. There is also an illustration that will be added to the RFC soon.

15 Likes

I am hoping we will have test-safecoin in alpha 4. The reason being, we will need a limiting factor for spammers so farming makes sense. However, e are unlikely to have settled the balancing algorithm by then with the new data formats. So it would be nice to test those out in some testnets/upgrades. So it makes sense the vaults farm for something and it may as well be test-safecoin. We will probably call them something very different in case scammers start trying to con people with them, but we will see.

Likely without that people could run their own vault networks in private with no test-safecoin though. IT just would not work in a public network without that or the vaults only allowing vault owners to store what their vault has stored (an old design).

30 Likes

We could have bets on whether testsafecoin is in alpha 4 or not :wink:

3 Likes

I’m glad we’re all just excited that there will probably be some test coin implemented :wink:

Who cares about the balancing algorithm that’s powering coin distribution in an alpha network …?! The cool point would be to demonstrate farming and showcasing the properties of the resulting coin…?!!

… In this early Tests I’d even make sure people would get a coin every 10 minutes with a super stupid algorithm! If you do this people can see the process without having to wait for enough GETs to have a chance for getting the coin they need to store stuff… More ‘understanding by doing’ in a fast forward mode for farming… More people seeing the implications… More enthusiasm =)

… It’s not like the first coin test need to be running in a perfectly realistic environment…

5 Likes

Irvines, Troonies, Lamberts, Vivs, Pentlands…

I wouldn’t go for anything less than this. Just loose all humbleness for a few minutes when making this up :grin:.

14 Likes

Nice! :v: :sunglasses:

But seriously. Why not just call them TESTCOINS. Simple and to the point.

7 Likes

safecoin could have an optional ‘name’ and ‘symbol’ field where people could put in the name they want to be written on the coin and a link to a small png on safe which represents the coin (so every farmer could have his limited edition print of safecoin)

i would like to be able to ‘see’ the coin i have in my purse xD
(i know this doesn’t really make a lot sense and is kind of a waste of storage space :smiley: but still i would love to see it and how different they are)

1 Like

Do you mean something like this? :slight_smile:
dollar10

7 Likes

exactly! …

How about farmers receive puts instead of getting test Safecoin? @dirvine

I’m hoping to see test Safecoin as early as early as possible - why delay?

Getting Safecoin right is critical, so I the sooner it’s implemented the sooner lessons can be learned. I hope test Safecoin makes it into Alpha 4… getting vaults & test Safecoin would be pretty exciting!

4 Likes

Alternatives for test(coin), to make it scammers more difficult: draft, preview, example, dummy…

Yes, but when you see the guy with his ponzicoin and folk bought that, it does make you wonder :wink:

3 Likes

I see that DraftCoin and AlphaCoin also already exist.

3 Likes

oh - when is the ico for those testsafecoin? :open_mouth: :innocent::joy:

7 Likes

lol you mean Maidsafe coin!?

Wasn’t meant to be taken 100% serious :wink:

3 Likes

PARSEC made me buy more

4 Likes

how about Dabeks? :+1: :smiling_face:

I would vote for either Troonies, PARSECs or AyrAirs (or is that AirAyrs?)

1 Like