MaidSafe Dev Update - May 24, 2018 - Introducing PARSEC

Hello Irwine or Maidsafe team. Congratulations with the great progress. However I would like to see MAIDSAFECOIN getting listed on decent exchanges like Binance, Bitfinex, Okex or Huobi for example. This is the best way to gain liquidity and show that The MAIDSAFECOIN is a strong one. Please take this into account, because it is something important. I’m not so happy with the current exchanges to be honest, and I’m sure there are a lot of people who think the same.

Best of luck wished to the MAIDSAFETEAM# and supporters!

4 Likes

Flood steemit with it. There needs to be an intellectual battle with Larimer’s crew, specifically EOS…but also with the rest of his CentralIzed FrAnkenstein projects.

1 Like

You should complain to the exchanges. They are the gatekeepers.

1 Like

Troy from Nano said:

They specifically mention that they will be reaching out to us about how this can help improve our protocol and we look forward to having that discussion.

https://old.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/8lvh8l/maidsafes_parsec_wants_to_collaborate_with_other/dzk9yi3/

11 Likes

That’s awesome! I love open minded people. I’ll have to look into nano and hope that the outreach or collaboration benefits everyone.

8 Likes

Hi - Rather than listing out everyone’s emails, we’ve just listed the format to use so people can be contacted. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Usually it’s champagne that’s opened at announcements like this…

Not in Scotland, how about some Scottish Champagne!

2 Likes

Look at that. Even the yeast is happy! They can’t contain themselves! :crazy_face: :rofl: #Awesome :v: :grin:

3 Likes

This is why I’ve been holding all these years mates. So proud of you guys I’ve been crazy busy with life but I’ve still been lurking.

The moon landing was a small step for man, maid safe is a giant leap for mankind.

14 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Some of us have the luxury to choose between the regular unsafe,surveillance internet and SAFE. Majority of the worlds population using internet don’t. They face prison, torture, social stigma, state violence in all kinds of forms in exchange for expressing themselfes. For them SAFE isn’t a matter of choice, it’s a matter of survival.

Ease of use, UI/UX, cool hype, all that stuff is irrelevant. Being able to have freedom of speech is the main motivator. So expect a couple of million, at a minimum, rushing to the network once the word spreads globally.

If there is one thing no tyrannic force has ever been able to beat out of humanity, it’s the insatiable need for freedom.:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve added a comment. Was trying to keep it objective, without looking too much like a fanboy, but my last statement kinda ruined that :smile:

4 Likes

Agreed. To everyone who laughed at me at crypto conferences and the such for supporting Maidsafe, came at me on social media or scoffed when I said Silicon Valley was copying Maidsafe and not the other way around, all I have to say is: who’s laughing now?

18 Likes

While I second your question and curiosity, it’s spelled alpha, as in the first letter in the greek alphabet, or Alpha and Omega. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta… etc. But yes I agree how long until Alpha 3 is out and after that how long until Beta is released? or put another way how much of an efficiency boost does BFT and PARSEC give SAFE development?

Here’s a link that might be helpful. :slight_smile:

But with an alfa3, you really can start working :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry, I meant, have other systems use Maidsafe to use PARSEC consensus mechanism. That will increase demand for MAIDSAFE while keeping it open source.

Sorry, I meant, have other systems use Maidsafe coins to use PARSEC consensus mechanism. That will increase demand for MAIDSAFE/safecoin while keeping it open source.

Starts at 0:38

Look-at-us-now… look-at-us-know. Were getting closer!!!

Listen-to-the-song-and-you’ll-partly-understand-why-I-linked-to-it.
Lovin-every-moment-maidsafe-continues-pusin-it.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yo white jump in! :sunglasses:

@whiteoutmashups

1 Like

Next stop Alpha 3!!!

I was in a discussion with someone on Reddit, asking them about how PARSEC would affect the work on Vaults, and they wrote:

I’m not a dev either, but vaults themselves have worked in the past - I think the biggest challenge was them falling out of consensus with each other when groups were under strain.
Parsec should enable the vaults to achieve consensus within their groups in an elegant and dependable manner.
So PARSEC enables the consensus required for vaults to work together to effectively manage the data their group is responsible for.
At least that’s how I see it from my limited knowledge :slight_smile:

Can anyone confirm/contest/elaborate on? Thanks!

1 Like

The vault issue we had was zero cost to flood the network and kill it. The consensus was actually retained while not under attack like that. When the network did collapse (we took it down) then it did lose consensus, but it would in those circumstances. With no data (or very little) though we imagine that even those attacks would not be fast enough to kill a routing only network (alpha 3) as a bit problem is when there are nodes with lots of data, then copying the data around while the network gets much smaller fast means the vaults lose time to sync and data gets lost.

So PARSEC means we go faster and more securely, node age makes attacks harder, safecoin should make them too expensive, sort of in that order.

tl;dr Not so much a consensus issue, but PARSEC helps as it will be much faster, node age, crust fixed means alpha 3 should be fine. Then vaults with test safecoin should secure the whole thing (alpha 4).

42 Likes