MaidSafe Dev Update - May 17, 2018

links to content using the content’s address itself, i.e. without the need to map it to a public ID.

:+1: Will those links be as simple a normal URL reference or more UUID like?.. useful perhaps if they could be the usual human readable kind despite the relative-address difference.

13 Likes

At the moment we are looking for ways to have a unique and standard identifier based on the XOR address which can be used in a safe:// URL and have our browser to understand it and fetch the content.

28 Likes

It sounds so exciting!

23 Likes

Brilliant update maidsafe. I can see these dev updates making a very successful best seller book when combined in a few years :grin:

28 Likes

Indeed, I have been wating a long time for news like that. That part is what makes or breaks.

11 Likes

Safe network paperweight. Hope this helps clear up the mystery :see_no_evil:

36 Likes

most exciting update in a while. i can’t wait to hear more about the routing breakthrough!

18 Likes

Not to overshadow the rest of the amazing update, especially on the front ends effort and C bindings but this has got me itching already! Can’t wait to hear about the breakthrough. Excited to hear SAFE will be presenting alongside Tim Berners-Lee at the DecWebSummit, I think that’s very fitting. Cheers everyone!

23 Likes

mmh ?

More seriously, this is a really exciting update !

That sounds really great for the various cli projects that float around. I keep that idea that we will need robust, bulletproof audited tools for sensitive content , it seems that keeping everything within rust umbrella is a good foundation for such apps.

But you really are teasing us now !! That will be a long week for sure !! Will comb the team member’s github repos for more clues :slight_smile:

22 Likes

I’m excited about this entire update, but looking forward to the next one! Great and passionate work as always team!

13 Likes

CHOO CHOOOO - ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! :sweat_smile:

Very excited hearing some good news regarding routing! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

New website
Safe academy
Routing
Decentralized web summit
Big unknown
The paperweight

Wow!

17 Likes

Time for a meme:

17 Likes

This :joy::joy::joy:

Seriously though, I want one!

10 Likes

I haven’t posted here in a while, but this update is just exciting!

Great work team, can’t wait for next week.

16 Likes

Exciting news. Looking forward to next week update. Also nice to see some great marketing work been done.

10 Likes

David walking the doggy down the beach again aka Datachains moment :smile:

10 Likes

You guys are such a tease :slight_smile: Can’t wait for next week. Great work Maidsafe team!

8 Likes

We’ve been told the “big” update is not Alpha 3… so what I want to know is whether it will be bigger than that! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yes I was wondering the same thing. And almost cheekily suggested something that included the numeral four. But that would have come and bit me in the butt too many times :grimacing:

16 Likes