MaidSafe Dev Update - March 9, 2017

To freedom, and to those humble folks labouring away for all of our sake!

Congratulations guys and thank you!

13 Likes

Blimey @JPL I have one of those in my hand celebrating right now. Cheers!

10 Likes

Me too :grin:

Dalwhinnie in a crystal tumbler. I even raised the toast sitting on my own in my office.

Nice to know that Iā€™m not actually drinking alone.

/cheers

15 Likes

Big milestone to get to and an amazing effort from the maidsafe team and the community :slight_smile: keen to do some tinkering with our discovery team at Meeco!

9 Likes

@Jabba Iā€™m out of Dalwinnie, not had that for quite a while now, but enjoying a Aberlour with you James. Cheers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some of that matures faster than our launch :slight_smile: We wont get to 12 year old though :wink:

28 Likes

Lmao David. For me this is a mere three years now. I very much admire your stamina and persistence. It must be contagious because itā€™s not like me to stick with something even this long.

EDIT: did anyone else notice, David just predicted the launch! Donā€™t tell Nick, or @Viv (oops!).

21 Likes

:laughing: :clap:

Nothing worth having ever came easy.

9 Likes

Aha! Good spot! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Its only 8:30 in the morning here, too early for that stuff Hope its the good stuff

And great work Maidsafe - really great work

8 Likes

Ummm was that the engineer talking or the programmer. Iā€™d listen if it was the engineer, but if the programmer then you have to factor in the inability to apply maths to any estimation.

and now duck for cover

5 Likes

Rob, have a small one, go on, or maybe youā€™re not really Australian? Lol :smile:

EDIT:

Iā€™d listen if it was the engineer, but if the programmer then you have to factor in the inability to apply maths to any estimation

Neither, it was David. :wink:

6 Likes

I would if I had some. Only have the 85% stuff on hand and that has too much of a kick in it for mornings. Iā€™d get nothing done today if I had that.

4 Likes

Rob, it depends, you donā€™t have to drink a pint of it. Oh, waitā€¦ ok, ok, you are Australian! :smile:

EDIT: I still find it amazing that Iā€™m able to interact with you, and everyone here, no matter how far away you are, in real time. On the other side of planet Rob in Australia, even with people in Scotland!

I wonder if this is what David means by ā€œcyber brainā€: weā€™re all being linked together by the internet, and SAFE ensures weā€™ll be connected fully and without mediation, free to sense and respond like the cells in our brains, turning the whole planet into a mega-brain where the cells are humans. Creating a new ā€œcortexā€ for earth, a new consciousness in which we are all connected.

7 Likes

That fire water shunts reason out the door and a wee bit of it turns into ā€¦ well you get the idea.

2 Likes

Wow amazing update as always @maidsafe
Also shout out to all the super ants who always keep coming to these updates and read some worthy literature. :stuck_out_tongue:

Canā€™t wait to play around with the new toys. :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

That first paragraph has a distinctive style to it :sailboat:

Alpha 3 and beyondā€¦were just jumpin the shark on Alpha 2 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Bbbbbaaaaaabbbbbbbyyyyyy (best austin powers impression!)

4 Likes

This weekend is gonna be a wild party for safers!

3 Likes

So alpha 2 is basically the network that will prove that Disjoint Sections is successful and ready? Thatā€™s the main accomplishment behind it right?

Looks good! :slight_smile: exciting

4 Likes