MaidSafe Dev Update - March 8, 2018

I love hearing all the great work you all are doing! Congratulations @Shane for the app of the month award! Keep up the good work :+1:

If you haven’t already scurried over and read/clapped the Medium article, please take a few moments to do so. It will help other curious people find out about SAFE.

Go, team!!! :slight_smile:

Anyone know where the team is up to with Milestone 1 for Alpha 3. There were 4 steps listed in the Jan 25 update for Milestone 1. Being a non technical person I have no idea where current progress is up to. There must be others like me out there.

This is link to Jira tasks with status for milestone 1: Just not so sure how up to date it is.

I may be wrong but last time I checked the count of finished tasks hasn’t changed for 2-3 weeks. I’m pretty sure that quite some work regarding these tasks has been going on behind the scene but maybe not enough to tick off items from the list.

However, would be cool if there would be a section in the weekly update regarding the progress with reference to the DC tickets.

I looked last Thursday and saw three in progress tasks had completed, but no new tasks started. Haven’t looked since.

I have not seen any change in the DC-1 task board but I think this is why.

This is very much is the reason for the existing dc-1 tasks from JIRA not moving along right now. As it stands this change with gossip integration and also

part specifically could have some changes for the spec’d milestones as it could lead to them becoming a lot simpler(but of course getting it in place itself is going to require time too), so coding this as is now might only lead to them needing to get changed/updated and deal with eventual consistency issues via testnets/mock tests on a per issue basis rather than fix it at source with such a solution. Don’t really have much more info that is concrete in terms of how we’re planning to address it yet but we will do so as soon as we get a feasible solution in place from the work that is going on right now.