MaidSafe Dev Update - March 29, 2018

On the marketing department. Will there, when the time is right and there is a product, also be a push to get big companies on the product? Like for example ethereum enterprise alliance? Or is marketing already working on a strategy for this?

9 Likes

=) not only decentralizing data but development as well :slight_smile: the more people can get involved the smaller the chance this project can fail :upside_down_face:

I’m really curious how that will look like :blush:

9 Likes

To be fair answering that would turn a strategy into an announcement :wink: The marketing team are very busy and have an awful lot of irons in a lot of fires. Lets hope they announce at the correct times, I am sure they will.

32 Likes

Thanks so much for all of the hard work! The team is doing a great job.

5 Likes

Im so confused as to whats going on in routing right now its driving me nuts. :persevere: dag, gossip, consensus, where data chains stand to change due to it all… or not? Who gets it and can provide an idiots guide?

Is the closed source solution being implemented until an open source solution is found?

16 Likes

I’m also in need of an idiots guide!

4 Likes

Ditto to that guide.

2 Likes

As the general would say in the A Team, I love it when a plan comes together. Great update yet again! The SAFEnetwork is certainly coming together. All the progress on the SAFE Academy, videos and new website is great to hear, as is the more technical news. Like @Josh, @momahonyb & @betterthantrav, I think I’ll need a SAFE Primer v2 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Alpha 3 , Alpha 4 , Alpha3 & Alpha4。

1 Like

It does seem like a bit of a spaghetti scramble at the moment. But can you imagine what it will look like once it’s unscrambled!

5 Likes

Data chains are still there, the back end things are getting ordering consensus agreed and we have that algo we cannot use just yet, but alternatives also being tested. Dag is part of doing that locally in a section (shard) and also ties in with gossip for a much more efficient swarm mechanism (that is where the whole section need to get a message). All together it just makes the very core of routing much more reliable and efficient. Allows us to remove much of what we were doing in testenets in terms of find bug, close it up and testnet again etc.
All of this will mean (we hope) much fewer testnets and that excites us as it means much faster time to launch.

34 Likes

Thanks for the update Maidsafe devs.

Jippy the Maidsafe devs will make Codecademy courses and call it SAFE Academy (I know this is just my silly fantasy, but with over 45M learners are on Codecademy).

marcin :stew: get better super ant
:stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Any high level documentation on the new mechanism contrasting against the old? Something that shows us the efficiency improvements would excite many more of us! :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m really excited to see this stuff get more solidified and hope to see it make its way to the primer. The way that DAG is being used as a tool here rather than the backbone of the project is closer to the true nature of what each of these technologies are intended for. It’s like biodiversity or an ecosystem. Too many projects are just a Blockchain, or just a DAG, or what already exists and doesn’t work with a Blockchain sewn onto it. Very proud of @maidsafe’s team.

12 Likes

Should it now be “datagraphs” instead of “datachains”?

@Bogard We’ll have a DAG AND a Data Chain! The DAG is just for speeding up section consensus and having it be mathematically proveable, I’m pretty sure.

11 Likes

@Nigel good point, but depends on how you look it. Could also be datachain-graph on top of datachain. We’ll see. Looking forward to finding out.

If only there was a way to replace the A in Directed Acyclic Graph with an O, maybe something like Directed O-less Graph. Then you have a Dog and a (Data) Chain :wink: Although lame, who knows, could be easier for some to remember.

2 Likes

DANG ! - complete sentence.

1 Like

“We can all see how the wider world is increasingly focusing on the same issues that obsess us.”

Yes! A world that isn’t bribery based and where false flags and Maciavellian politicians become impractical. And having this happen overnight and gaining access to juctice for wrongs from recent decades to reinforce this irrevocable change.

5 Likes