MaidSafe Dev Update - June 29, 2017

I would love to be involved, and give detailed & constructive feedback.
I am very very excited about the developments to come.

10 Likes

I have to say, Vitalik doesn’t look in the best of health there.

8 Likes

He never does…!

6 Likes

If he was looking super vital, then it wouldn’t be believable and I would consider the possibility of a photoshop :wink:.
He was probably annoyed by the (perceived) need to tweet that photo and finds the ‘art’ of the selfie (think Kim Kardashian) a waste of time.
Time he perhaps uses in trying to make Ethereum more scalable, which seems quite the challenge…

very very cool - the team keeps growing all the time lately =) sounds to me like maidsafe is preparing for quite a storm that might be at the horizon =D

8 Likes

Good work guys and great to read about the network test invites to community members! I get the feeling launch is inching closer and closer.

2 Likes

@maidsafe it’s been a while since an update on mobile progress, is this on hold for now?
Or am I simply not understanding what’s written between the lines.

5 Likes

I don’t think much is done iOS wise besides crust being ported to mio which will run on iOS thanks to carle lerche. As far as android I think that is what @Kumar is tackling with the java library. As you know I’m just a regular here like you but that is what I’ve picked up from updates so far, and also like you I am very eager for mobile :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Just heard about a pilot program where green and red lights are built into the sidewalk at crossings because people don’t look up from their phones. Crazy but highlights the importance :grinning:

8 Likes

Good point I’m crossing the street as we

17 Likes

In the same report a study has found that we are changing the way we walk, changes in gait, speed and step height in order to more safely navigate our environment without taking our eyes off the screen.

Forget about driverless cars that’s old news… next comes phones that guide us without ever having to look up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Is it confirmed that MD will be part of test 17 ? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere despite the fact that a previous dev update said MD was done and about to be merged in Master. Can we start testing MD in test 17 ?

3 Likes

Yes, the sample apps being tested now in Test #17 already make use of the MutableData API.

16 Likes