MaidSafe Dev Update - June 14, 2018

Good spot @happybeing , I think this is the one you remember.

It does reference the current website and alpha 2, so… with alpha 4 just around the corner :wink:
it’s going to be outdated very soon.

Love @SarahPentland voice, I think I’ve said it before, could sit here all day watching the video. :slight_smile:

@dugcampbell , thanks for the compliment. I am very happy to have anything of mine re-hashed,
re-done, replaced, even forgotten and filed away if needed. Whatever is best for the project, the marketing strategy, message and image you want to deliver on.

11 Likes

how is the work on the papers going ? just started or finishing?

1 Like

2nd paper started as per plan, 3rd not yet, it will start after the 2nd one is complete.

15 Likes

let me help you with this, so we get this done sooner. i can advise that 2+2 is 4 uff and thats it from my side , i have no more math knowledge . but hope that helps xd

1 Like

Which is a great point. Can simply be overdubbed! Personally, I think losing views on a video is not the best reasoning for not updating something, I mean I do get it but shouldn’t the perception of quality going forward be seen as most important? So what if there are more ‘views’ when there could be more ‘likes’ because the quality of production was up to par. I believe it has a huge impact. JAMS is no exception. I have so far refused some very generous opportunities to promote JAMS that I haven’t felt comfortable taking (yet) because the app doesn’t live up to a standard that I think is worthy of the attention. Some might see that as silly but no matter how much I say good about it, the app will speak for itself and currently it still has some “speech” problems :stuck_out_tongue: . I think this applies to the visual and audio content put out by Maidsafe too. The blogs and hypercube vids are great but any Skype/video interview, tutorial, or explanation video need both good video/audio quality to stand up to the others.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Introducing… JAMS! [Demo] Alpha 2

Another thing to consider when making presentations is to speak “slooowly”, especially since there are many people watching these videos that don’t have English as their native language.

8 Likes

I like this, development is moving fast.

3 Likes

good news we wait for next updates good job

1 Like

Just on the topic of sharding, I know ETH has been working on that for awhile and I thought the timeline on the technique of sharding alone takes a good 6+ months to a year to develop. Is this not the case for SAFE implementation? Or does MaidSafe already have a lot of the codebase around it, such that only a fractional % of the code is left to do because some baseline sharding code already exists?

3 Likes

Australians who speak English find both the Scottish and Irish accents difficult to follow as well. Sort of on a time delay. But this one is kinda sexy

1 Like

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about. Nick Lambert said 20 months to go (19.5 now) and I would think everyone would be drawing lines weekly off their calendars, just like I do.

1 Like

This is exactly what I mean, every intonation, every speculation etc. taken as golden proof of an immutable timescale promise :wink: Can you imagine working like that and how much pressure it is, constantly scrutinised while trying very hard to push as far as possible every single day. We balance that with a massive desire to keep people as informed as possible.

If it were not this way then myself and the rest of the team would happily speculate in the open, but that will never happen while this amount of inferred speculation from observers takes place. I know Nick or anyone in the team has not given a timescale, I wish we all could, but it cannot happen as too many people have too much riding on this one. So exciting and at the same time disappointing to feel that we can be open, but not to open, then be challenged on being more open, to be then hung up to dry for being wrong in an assumption/speculation on progress.

Not easy, but it is the territory and when you can alter peoples fortunes it is understandable, we all feel it. I just hope we as a team hold back where we must and be as open as possible where we can without affecting peoples, but we are all different and that line is hazy, to say the least.

39 Likes

I think most of us agree with you about this.

9 Likes

any chance that the second paper will be released this week? :wink:

2 Likes

i m agree with you :grinning:

Scottish accent much easier tu understand than Scottish language :slight_smile:

please give relevance to your response. Who were you talking to? Quote the part you are responding to helps everyone understand what you are saying.

Senseless posts are a distraction and clutter up the forum and people want to know what you are talking about, but you give no relevance.

8 Likes

ok understood i m new in maid Community i m try to learn

8 Likes

The best option is to highlight the passage you want to quote. A box will pop up that says “Quote.” Click that box and a response box will pop up. Type your response below the quote, and you’ll be good to go.

2 Likes