MaidSafe Dev Update - January 25, 2018

Great update (again)

I like the milestones. Would be great if you could do this more with other parts and each component. Its high level but shows what needs to be done. Then off course mark (tick off) the milestones as they are reached. Its a small thing but conveys a lot of information.

So in that picture of the “coffee” bar which bottle holds the gin and which the vodka and I couldn’t see any dark fluids (rum) so obviously not completely stocked yet :grin::yum::sunglasses::rofl:

Just kidding

Great news about the office in India. So expecting to see some great UI development this year with them on board.

So here come redtube opps I mean youtube for SAFE :innocent:. Great work guys/gals, so many people have been asking about streaming.

14 Likes

I poke @edapa from time to time about Frames. He’s willing to revisit it but since he’s quite busy I think he’s waiting for some dust to settle. I want to share @Shane ‘s module to make publishing easier with him once that’s done and it’d be great to have solid documentation all in one place so catching up on the DOM api is super easy. It’s prolly pretty good these days but anyways I think Ethan will be happy to see uTP and streaming when I mention it to him!!! Not sure when he can or if he can get to it but I’m holding out hope. I know Ethan loves the open source ethos so he wouldn’t be mad if someone forked the code and started porting it to Mutable Data and authenticator flow :slight_smile: I really shouldn’t speak for him but I know he’s expressed these kind of feelings in the past though personally I want to see him benefit from it. If anyone is interested I could try and get you in contact with him and here’s the link to the github GitHub - Frames-Proj/frames

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing these milestones which I think will help understanding the scope of the work left to do for Alpha 3 much better.

Very nice! Have been creeping around Jira for some time now and am thirsty for some new tasks! :joy:

Can’t wait to see this in action as part of vaults from home! :slight_smile:

Great update! Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Amazing! I’m sure Safenetwork has a great future ahead :muscle:

6 Likes

So redtube oops I mean YouTube is also famous in your area :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Progressing nicely! Keep on trucking.

3 Likes

Love love love the primer, one typo in the last section:

Censorship would be impossible and data could be not be erased.

2 Likes

Just a question - I am non-technical but really like the concept from all that I’ve read. I think there could be something big here. I have a few questions though -

If an enterprise or an entity does not care about all of Maidsafe UI tools, peruse browser and all the other front end stuff - can they just use the Maidsafe storage layer using the safecoin just like Storj or siacoin and use only maidsafe’s decentralized, secure storage system?

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. The client apps just talk with the client libs, just as any other 3rd party app can (including drive mount tools, etc).

5 Likes

Thanks!! This is very helpful.

giving this a tiny bump just so it can be nearer to the oldd update thread that somehow made it up to the top.

Also I guess the Pre-Dev Update thread is no longer being maintained?

Maidsafe at #46 is actually pretty good as many of the companies above it are huge by the metrics used. Obviously a few irritations but overall I think it is in pretty good company.

Minus the blockchain part,
It’s a list of the most influential organisations in the Blockchain industry particularly at being pro-active.

5 Likes

Welcome Nadia!

Thanks @polpolrene excited to be part of this!

1 Like