MaidSafe Dev Update - February 2, 2017 - Test 12

its inside the file:

safe-launcher.crust.config

(main folder of the launcher)

On Windows it is - SAFE Launcher.crust

2 Likes

Have we had confirmation that all test 12 droplets are indeed offline now?

If so, and people are logging in with the same credentials as when the droplets were up, and the network is sticking together, then that’s pretty good isn’t it?

This resilience is very encouraging if the droplets have indeed been turned off!

3 Likes

hmmm - you can only connect when you add an extra community-bootstrap-server … so at least the ~50 servers in the config-file are down …

the first safe-links in the test12-sites thread didn’t work anymore (probably because of the massive shutdown and data-loss there) and i didn’t have the time to create an account before the network turned community-run

nonetheless the network is up and running - so not all data was rescued in the process but at least the network itself is still stable up and running

ps: if i interpret the messages from my vault correctly the network is very small now :smiley: the messages i send with @hunterlester chat app immediately appears in my vault :wink:

maybe it is too small to perform the bandwith-tests for new vaults … so it is up and running but can’t grow again …

2 Likes

for the record: 4 people in the chat right now (one afk xD )

2 Likes

I’ve added “84.245.26.51:5483”,
to “hard_coded_contacts”: [ in safe_vault.crust.config
but I’m stll constantly getting

INFO 20:10:56.764478922 [routing::states::node node.rs:1268] Node(2cc636..) Requesting a relocated name from the network. This can take a while.

INFO 20:11:56.764570823 [routing::states::node node.rs:2322] Node(2cc636…) Failed to get relocated name from the network, so restarting.
WARN 20:11:56.764755141 [safe_vault::vault vault.rs:181] Restarting Vault
INFO 20:11:59.937508728 [routing::states::node node.rs:1268] Node(7b379d…) Requesting a relocated name from the network. This can take a while.
INFO 20:12:59.937550158 [routing::states::node node.rs:2322] Node(7b379d…) Failed to get relocated name from the network, so restarting.
WARN 20:12:59.937725524 [safe_vault::vault vault.rs:181] Restarting Vault
INFO 20:13:03.214971875 [routing::states::node node.rs:1268] Node(0c1cd7…) Requesting a relocated name from the network. This can take a while.

What am I doing wrong? THis is from the same box that connected perfectly on Thursday night.

hmhmm - probably nothing - i think the network might be too small to validate your bandwith (e.g. if you need 10x bandwith ok and there are only 9 nodes left …)

[just a guess - only @maidsafe can answer that probably - but since they are analyzing their logs right now that bug will probably be gone soon]

1 Like

@hunterlester
Cool app, it kinda works! Few things though:

1. The text box is covering the latest messages, so its hard to read them:

2. When you spam messages or several people send at the same time, you get error mesages:

1. You can’t see whos in the chat.

/edit oh and 4) you can send more than 150 characters^^

:+1:

3 Likes

Probably still the same reason:

this is THE BEST TESTNET so far!

8 Likes

This is great, I really appreciate this discovery. Looking into it…

4 Likes

oh and if you could implement a “pling” when a new message appears (mutable ; ) that would make the chat soooooooo awesome!

2 Likes

11 Likes

oh and @hunterlester - you don’t have to change the chat-app :innocent: it healed itself and is perfect usable now

3 Likes

Is test 12 still active? Can’t connect with Launcher anymore?

it was shut down officially - there still are some vault running and you can connect to them with your launcher if you edit the config-file + add a community-vault to the bootstrap-list

1 Like

How I run this in linux?

Why is there linux execute ?

hey - you download the *.zip-file, extract the content and follow the steps described in the readme-file :slight_smile:

(but as mentioned you need nodejs v 6 for the npm install command to finish without errors)

There is no readme file. I see window file types but the download history said I download linux…

edited:
I’ll test the source folder. Probably the best way.

okay - maybe you first describe what you are doing/what you want to do

i assumed you downloaded the safe-chat-0.0.1.zip

if you extract it there is a README.md

that was not what you did i assume …?