MaidSafe Dev Update - December 7, 2017

Great update as always guys! I like Peruse, great name. :+1:

14 Likes

Thanks so much for the update and for all of your hard work!

I want to volunteer for the marketing team. Where do I sign up? Here is my resume:

Weaknesses:
No brains
No work ethic

Strengths:
Big mouth
Always happy
Easily motivated by food

I have 3 strengths and only 2 weaknesses. Yay!

20 Likes

This update kinda feels like a locomotive, building momentum, getting faster, initial friction left far behind; and now it’s rolling effortlessly, with ever fewer obstacles, because it’s so well oiled and full of steam by now, that this SAFE train is going up the hills as fast as it can go down them. Nothing can stop it now!

10 Likes

This new Peruse browser has done wonders for my 2048 skills

9 Likes

Hi Everyone, things seem to be going at lightning speed! I congratulate you all and want to thanks you for all your efforts.

Unfortunately the link to the dev forum on Data Chains is not very understandable for me. Can someone simplify this for the non-technical people on this forum, into terms like “Things are progressing fantastically!” :wink:

Thanks,
Andre

7 Likes

Hi Andre, try looking through this post

4 Likes

They are its a lot simpler than we thought, but takes a huge effort to realise that. I think the effort is done now and its a case of putting the code together.

Perspective though

Data chains is very powerful and will allow tons of things to be done (network restart, better data retention etc) and the code is easy now. so the code can be finalised very fast ( I mean days, its mostly done). the more difficult part is integration with current routing, it will make it simpler, but the amount of info we have from testnets is mind boggling and we cannot lose that info with a total replace job. So the cut over to data chains will mean we need to carefully consider so many parts and test many agan. so coming along fantastically and with probably better than expected results, but a tricky integration, we think, but lets see…

58 Likes

Here’s another link I found useful.

7 Likes

Music to my ears! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I am assuming that after integration and bring up, we can see some testnets. Is this correct or I’m missing something in between?

10 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

You are all incredibly helpful :+1:t2:

David what you wrote gives a lot of insight into how far you and your team have come! Thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Awwwwww. Time to shop for quality champagne.

3 Likes

Hi folks, this is Dug here - thanks for all the welcomes! What can I say other than that I’m stoked to be joining the team! I met @dirvine at the very first Bitcoin Meetup that I organised four years ago, enjoyed the excitement of the 2014 fundraising with many of you, and was delighted that @nicklambert agreed to speak at the Scottish Bitcoin Conference (followed up by having both speak at a later meetup that was solely focused on MaidSafe). I’m a huge supporter of what the Safe Network represents, how important the work is and appreciative of the hard slog over the last few years that so many have put in. I cannot wait to get stuck in next week. Looking forward to chatting with you all more closely going forwards :smile:

50 Likes

As Einsteins mc^2, as in nature, things that seems simple and elegant also tend to be very powerfull. To create something that looks simple but yet is powerfull means to me that something excellent is achived.

David, you nearly got me believing in Santa again. :wink: I feel almost like some kind of gift will appear, maybe x-mas or early 2018. Exciting times. Going to buy some sparkling next week, so it can be cooled down for whenever the time is right.

4 Likes

By 2027 Safenet will replace Internet.

1 Like

Is that computer programmer “days” OR
Is that engineer’s (Elect not Civil) “days” Or
Is that days that everyone else understands?

:rofl: :astonished: :joy:

10 Likes

Hi Dug, i am happy you joined the team and can’t wait to see you and Sarah get to work :+1:t2: Good luck with all!

11 Likes

This is just soooooooo exciting.

3 Likes

Well done all. And what a time right before Christmas and the new year and no better time to buy up more MAID :smiley: Welcome Dug.

10 Likes