MaidSafe Dev Update – December 20, 2016

We don’t have the DataTypes we had before like AppendableData and StructuredData. Now we have MutableData and ImmutableData only.

safe-js is a third party library and @joshuef can explain better about this one.

As far the browser DOM apis are concerned, the approach will be the same. APIs will be injected to the safe: pages. But definitely the APIs will change for the same reason I just mentioned. As you would be knowing, we had to change the DataTypes to allow apps to scale easily.

We understand how the design actually turns out when we start using it, the various scenarios come across and also from the varied inputs from the community. We do regret for breaking changes and in the early stages it becomes unavoidable at times. These changes definitely fill the gaps we identified from previous releases. safe_app module will be much easier to use and understand, when it is ready and tested.

2017 should be a smooth sail :tada:

Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Happy holidays for the whole team. Thanks for your continuous efforts of making the world a better place! Take a well deserved break with friends and family :slight_smile:

Many thanks for all the hard work!.. have a good break :smiley:

Great work done in 2016. Thank You for the summary!
Looking forward to next level in 2017 :slight_smile:

Have nice holidays, team and community! 2017 is gonna be an exciting year!

:tulip:

thank you very very much!

i’m very sorry i didn’t have much time lately to do anything directly safe-related Oo …
… so much to do … so little time …

but I’ll be back as soon as my life allows for that :open_mouth: … in the meantime i’ll slowly but steadily will follow this process and try to help out where i can :slight_smile:
my python skills are improving and my next crappyApp will be way better than the last one :grin: (and waaaaay better than the one before that xD )

Thank you very very much for all your hard work @MaidSafe and i’m looking forwad to an incredible year 2017!!!

Wish you warm holidays and happy new year to the MaidSafe team!
May 2017 be the best year!

Gabriel Stratan

That is already being used in the energy industry, they are known as RECs (Renewable Energy Certificates)

Awesome post @frabrunelle and super job to all the team & contributors. Best for the Holidays. :santa:

Maidsafe’s the most exciting project out there, happy christmas all!

Best project I ever witness since early day of bitcoin. Keep up the work guys, and have a good holidays.

I agree with Nigel, this sounds brilliant!

Happy holidays everyone! For everyone not celebrating… have a great weekend!