MaidSafe Dev Update - August 31, 2017 - Test 19

Yay, although typically I’m away for the next 3 days now and won’t get to play with any of it. :sob:

Good work though guys, thank you!

:pray: this turns into Alpha 2 without too many hurdles.

12 Likes

Can’t wait to play again! Good news on Crust!

9 Likes

Wow - giant update - must be some sort of a record - it’s virtually War and Peace! Good to see so much progress AND all the relevant info in one place :clap:

14 Likes

does that mean if everything goes well we will have ALPHA 2 next week?

7 Likes

Great update! Sounds like alpha 2 is right on track! Well done team!

10 Likes

Woooot! So cool, great update. Alpha 2 coming real close now.

safe://polpolrene
safe://tetris
safe://elvis

mail: polpolrene

18 Likes

Great update and great video @hunterlester. Is the authoriseShareMd implemented in the current SAFE Browser? I don’t think the docs have been updated for it yet.
Also I’ll start uploading a few of my sites for testing now.

Edit: I get this error when trying to connectAuthorised in the latest SAFE API Playground and v0.5.0 SAFE Browser
ConnecterrJPG

6 Likes

Man, I don’t understand 99% of the lingo but am really pumped to see the progress. Can’t wait to read the feedback of the techos

10 Likes

I was getting that as well just now. Keep trying and you’ll be able to connect. Network latency.

8 Likes

Is this a change to the MD data type, or how many MDs a user can create per account on this testnet?

4 Likes

Considering the number of MDs that can be created wasn’t 100 and that the max entries in one MD was 100. I think it can safely be said that its the number of entries in each MD

8 Likes

Congratulations with Test 19 and thanks for the hard work put in to it!
safe://interweb.draw
mail: draw

8 Likes

At first all was well, I created an email id and uploaded a website. My IP changed and things stopped working (obviously!) so I re-set my IP. Now the browser seems fine, I can log in again, but…

web_hosting_manager & safe_mail now failing to connect

After having authorised both safe mail and web hosting manager, they fail to connect when I re-authorise (ie when the browser says I have already authorised them and I click to Allow again).

safe_mail

If I revoke authorisation for safe mail and restart it, and then authorise - it still fails with “Failed to authorise” dialogue.

web_hosting_manager

If I revoke authorisation for web hosting manager and restart it, and then authorise - it fails to connect to the network.

The terminal shows

I 17-08-31 23:53:48.925431 Bootstrapping(bf3798..) Connection failed: The chosen proxy node already has connections to the maximum number of clients allowed per proxy.

Restarting the browser seems to fix this.

8 Likes

So…

the same website: safe://rsports/
my safe mail: happybeing

7 Likes

unnamed
Well done looking forward to Completion of 19.

8 Likes

Gambateh!Gambateh! :muscle:

2 Likes

Always looking forward reading all the comments from the community since I don’t understand the update. It is through theirs words that I understand what is happening to the team. Thank you maidsafe team for the hardwork!!

9 Likes

Okay, I feel like an idiot asking this but could you define your terms please? I’m reading the change log and going “Wow that’s awesome! I have no idea what you are saying… mostly.” I think the one thing on there I understood for certain was enforcement of one client per IP. The rest is varying degrees of “What?”

What is localization?

8 Likes

Awesome update. Will play arround this long weekend. Localisation is support for supporting multiple languages as per your region.

8 Likes

It is having the app appear differently in different locals…like different languages, character sets, etc

edit: oops, didn’t notice comment above already answered

10 Likes