MaidSafe Dev Update - April 19, 2018

It’s a slightly unusual week this one. The entire global MaidSafe team have been travelling from their bases around the world to join us here at the HQ in Ayr for a few days. It’s the first time we’ve all been together in the same place and we’ve got a packed agenda ahead of us - not least of which is SAFE DevCon 2018 on Monday 23rd April.

We can’t wait for SAFE DevCon 2018 and hope that we’ll see many of you (either in person or online) during the day. On the build-up to the day, we’ve created a DevCon forum post with details of the Agenda and the livestream. We’ll keep that post updated throughout so you can follow what’s going on via the Forum if you’ve been unable to get a ticket.

Given all the travel, the fact that you’ll be hearing from us all on Monday and reality that we’ve been consumed with preparations for SAFE DevCon 2018 this week, we’re not going to make the usual Dev Update this week.

One final thing to draw your attention to though: @JimCollinson has joined us this week as UI/UX designer and written a great piece for his introductory blog. You can check it out on Medium here and give him a welcome clap or two if you like!

See you all on Monday!
#SAFEDevCon18

70 Likes

First now to read 20

10 Likes

Excited to live stream the conference!!! Wish I could join you all but it’ll be great to see everyone else together. SAFE travels everyone!

20 Likes

I guess I get the bronze medal.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work!

7 Likes

Very very cool! Congratulations @JimCollinson

I’m very excited to stream the devcon too =) (I hope it works with my phone - don’t have a computer with me atm…)

11 Likes

Welcome @JimCollinson

Who needs a dev update, when you guys are giving a rock concert

The livestream and vid recording is super, can’t wait

:stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Super excited for DevCon 2018. Hope everybody has a blast. Wishing for some MASSIVE announcements on Monday.

12 Likes

Leaked Announce #23, they will be allocating 0.1% of their efforts to solving the fusion energy problem. Given the complexity of the SafeNet project and their work so far they estimate that, with a full 0.1% of their effort diverted to fusion and some notes David scribbled on a napkin, they can solve the fusion problem in about two to three days.

4 Likes

SAFE-FS presentation inbound :smiley:

13 Likes

Hope some actual work gets done. I mean it’s all great PR and networking but I’m more excited by code releases and software updates.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the feedback from next week. Just hope I can understand the tech speak a bit

2 Likes

I’m sure bringing the team together in one place will help them to focus on the important parts of the project and have them more focused as the project moves forward.

Then the devcon18 will help the application developers to move forward with their projects and inspire new app developers to start.

11 Likes

Ah… And building a strong developer community is way more important than releasing the network one week earlier or later… Without apps and without users the network is worth nothing imo - no matter how perfect the technology might be…

16 Likes

That’s fricken hilarious, thanks for the funny, I needed that today.

2 Likes

As there is almost every week new member of MaidSaife team, would be nice to see structure off all people involved in development and add there some small info to each member like fulltime/ part time, position,etc.
We can also use it for presentation how big is MaidSafe team compare to other projects.

6 Likes

I agree. They should have everyone listed on the newly revamped site that is in the works.

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing a nice group picture tomorrow! :wink: Hint hint, @nicklambert

5 Likes

We’ll do our very best Tyler!

8 Likes

Bring it here Nick :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We’ve got quite a few pics to go through from the DevCon, as soon as we have that done we’ll post a few on this forum/blogs/social media.

6 Likes