MaidSafe Dev Update - April 12, 2018

Great interview @SarahPentland. You are so concise and easy to follow, and great command of the subject so quickly.

The audio was a bit of a hindrance, a bit echoey compared to the interviewer (may be the room), but after a minute or so I was able to follow.

I’m excited to see you and @dugcampbell really get the marketing going.

Maidsafe have assembled a great team in all areas IMO.

18 Likes

Nice interview @SarahPentland. You do a excellent work at marketing the Safe Network.

11 Likes

Nice interview with my favortie crypto guy, he is a realy nice guy and helped guide the interview well. There is alittle FUD and Substratum keyborad warriors in the comments. It would be great if some more people could check out the comments and reply and so on. I have been trying my best the last 24 hours and will continue to hold the barricades but a little help would be appreciated. :slight_smile: Have a good weekend everybody and hope you all are getting alot of spring time sun.

15 Likes

What’s the problem to use the safe network as rapid payment? The rate limiter runs on the relay node of a particular client but the network does not limit the number of transactions it can perform. In fact, it would be a suicide, from the point of view of the security, that a large company manage the transfers from only one or a few clients. Usually, depending on the size of the company and the number of TPS to reach, hundreds or thousands of clients would be created that would be able to perform hundreds or thousands of TPS.

The only thing that has to be monitored is that the same safecoin is not sent in different transactions at the same time. A standard FIFO algorithm would be enough to achieve this.

6 Likes

Jesus! :crazy_face: Masterful, pretty and smart. :open_mouth: @SarahPentland definitely has the complete package for interviews. I love the rest of the team but never have they presented the network with such grace or as concisely IMHO. :innocent: This is the person of great oratory I foresaw coming to present us to the world ( @Zoki is a naturally great orator but possibly inundated) . I could sense the tension in you at the beginning but it’ll soon dissolve. If you stay with us, you WILL be the face of Maidsafe. No doubt.

8 Likes