MaidSafe Dev Update - 7th September 2015

Just wanted to share that me and a friend managed to have 3 local nodes running on a Mac laptop, after installing Rust Nightly. Next time we will try set up a website, for now we were very pleased to get things working. It makes it all so, how to say this properly, REAL… Thanks devs and people posting here, you’re an awesome community. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

2016 is coming and we have not MVP :frowning:

And your point is, caller?

2 Likes

For Gryffindor…

=) let me enlighten you

there is no MVP because all this MVP-thing doesn’t make sense and was therefore abandonded.
It was something some investors wanted and because of that maidsafe thought they probably should deliver … but since it makes way more sense to just release testnets (which are roughly the MVP you ask for) test the protocol and improve it step by step before introducing e.g. safecoin (which is just one type of structured data that can be implemented pretty fast as soon as structured data is reliably implemented in the testnet) … so maidsafe decided to test the technology first, implement a first version of everything → alpha and there it will be … no MVP that would have to change a lot afterwards again and just would be something to satisfy those ones who want “the mvp” … that is in essence a waste of resources …

if you want to test the network there is a testnet up and running =) TEST5 (AKA destructive test) - is now running - #307 by dyamanaka

i’m glad you are too looking forward for the final release of the network - you just need some patience and are free to test + help the team to get there faster :slight_smile:

5 Likes