MaidSafe Dev Update - 7th June 2016

Yup.
If he is right, I’d be expecting another dump.

Would be nice for us believers to buy additional MAID at a great price :slight_smile:
High-tech engines take time to build. Once working properly everyone realises they need them. Not so much prior that.

10 Likes

I wasn’t encouraging speculator trolls, just neutrally reporting facts. Only a total idiot would sell because the testnet were delayed. Dear trolls: please engage in pastimes that would make the world better place, such as playing soccer on the freeway… while drunk…

EDIT: I was asked to “tone this down” because a troll complained. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I didn’t actually expect it to compile, because if it were compiling then they would surely have merged it with the master branch. But the fact that it doesn’t, means we have to wait until it is debugged.

1 Like

Unless … There was a much bigger change in other branches of several repo’s that also meant we had to get off ccrates.io and use github repo’s till we get some upstream parts merged :smiley:

25 Likes

They’re here…

9 Likes

No more PR’s in Routing and only 2 in Crust. One might think that this week we’ll see… :grinning:.

7 Likes

Sunshine in Troon…?

1 Like

Can anyone please explain what there is left to develop and what to test in order to reach a phase where there is the test safecoins with the vaults ? the roadmap is very abstract to understand

We’re waiting for TEST 4. This will give us nodes that don’t have any problems with routers and firewalls etc. It also works parallel so it should be fast, using low CPU. At the same time messages and/or chunks above a particular size will be split in smaller parts making the network faster. So this is what we’ll see in TEST 4. we should have a stable, fast en reliable network.

Next steps are; Messaging, like you sending me a message using an App. Also support for an API so other devs can incorporate messaging in their Apps.
Structured data, that is: data in the network that can be changed, like a text file or something. I think after that we’ll see Safecoin.

9 Likes

why safecoin creation rank such a low priority? or is it technically impossible to skip the prior-stages ? Without a functioning safecoin/mechanism, it seems not possible to move the project towards a sustainable path.

1 Like

For Safecoin you need a stable network. Safecoin is also immutable data where the owners can be changed. So one moment you might own address “ABCD” which is one Safecoin. When you PUT data to the network you give away ownership of that address so others can Farm it later on (sort of recycling). So before you can work on Safecoin and Farming you need stable network.

5 Likes

And, for the safecoin, you need Messaging working too. To made a transfer you not only change the ownership of a safecoin, but you need to inform, your wallet and the new owner wallet, about this transfer.
To do that we will use signed messaging of the safecoin responsible group.

6 Likes

I’m very excited for the next month of dev updates. :smiley:

2 Likes

I definitely think that is NOT the case.

But you only really have one shot at the SAFE Network really making a huge splash and taking over, and SafeCoin is the fuel that powers that explosion.

So you really don’t want to try and pull the trigger (release SafeCoin) prematurely, or else you mess up your one shot to go straight to the moon extremely quickly and unencumbered.

Imagine releasing SafeCoin and then some part of the Network turns out buggy and needs a big overhaul. Everyone who tried to farm and support it would have a massively sour taste in their mouth and it would hurt the project immensely.

So SafeCoin is basically the final touch, and needs to be treated as such. Because once people can actually EARN MONEY from farming and app creation, the lid really blows tf off on the next generation of the internet :slight_smile:

EDIT: Did I totally misunderstand the question? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Maybe a little overstating it, but on the right track, since many of the people who will become active (most in China, I suspect) are only interested in the coin. So if we get the coin right then that does the heavy lifting for everything else.

4 Likes

DO we have an update on the project finally going live, like a date?

We need some even very large vague estimation for the road-map … let’s say breaking each subjecy to mini tasks and then giving very graceful estimation , If I’m developer and I think it will take a week so the project manager can write 1 month . so on … but without estimation it could take 10 years :frowning: