MaidSafe Dev Update - 7th June 2016

Guys, @xiaowen is asking what the ICO price is and what the amount of MAID in circulation is. Anybody knows the answer?

1 Like

MaidSafeCoin price today, MAID to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap Is the best place to get all the info as it’s happening and history as well AFAIK

2 Likes

452,552,412 MAID according to MaidSafeCoin price today, MAID to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

1 Like

It was ok to ask on the forum once but he kept repeating the same text over and over while we asked to stop it because nobody understood what he was saying :slight_smile:

We PMd a few users that we know speak Chinese and it’s all solved right now :ok_hand:

I believe we’ve only seen this with Chinese members so it might be a good idea to have a standard message ready when we see a new Chinese member posting in Chinese that can point them into the right direction.

If people want to work out your suggestion we can start a new thread in the META category to see how we can solve this :slight_smile: Great suggestion!

5 Likes

Just once? This is a very poor way to build relationships with people that will be an important part of the community. You do not tell people to “stop posting” you tell them that help is on the way and you get them help. The Chinese culture is very different than ours and what you may see as inappropriate may well be commonplace in China. Do not alienate people because you think they shouldnt post a simple one line question. There are bigger fish to fry.

3 Likes

This is certain to be a sticking point, especially with the discourse software that the forum runs on.

IIRC @frabrunelle had some ideas on how we can facilitate forum support with multiple languages. It will get worse before it gets better, but I assure you that we will continue to do everything in our power to accomidate these users while maintaining a clean and organized forum.

2 Likes

The ICO in bitcoins was about 0.000042 BTC per MaidSafeCoin.
There’s been an 81.29% increase since then.

Good to hear. Have a simple welcome page created in Chinese ASAP - even just a paragraph. On that WELCOME PAGE explain in no uncertain terms that the Maidsafe detailed information has not yet been translated to Chinese and offer to connect that new person with a member from who can translate.

Next time someone posts in that language mods can provide a link to the welcome page.

Im disappointed to hear you think its going to get worse, before better. This does not have to be the case.

Possibly @Xinxi_Wang could assist with a simple paragraph that could be pinned.

1 Like

100% agree, let’s not push people out because they speak another language. Just use Google Translate and then we can speak with more people out there. We need to be very inclusive as a community please. It’s really not that much of a pain to copy and paste something into Google.

5 Likes

This is exactly what we did in a PM and here in the thread itself.

We are not in disagreement here but having the same question asked in the exact same way underneath eachother doesn’t help of course :slight_smile:

We immediately approached other members but we wanted him to wait instead of stop posting, maybe I should have formulated my explanation better.

2 Likes

We have several questions from @xiaowen in this topic. I asked to use PM and got a PM myself. I used translate and tried to help out. I got a reply back and got thanked for my help (I provided link to coinmarketcap as well). I think we’re very open to all people on this forum. But like @Melvin said, it was repeating the same questions several times over again. I understand that happened because of the language barrier, but mods try to keep the forum a bit cleaned up as well. So in this case we did both. I’m in favor of a Chinese welcome message in META or something. Maybe @Xinxi_Wang can help out with that.

1 Like

The truth is that this forum is too much english centric and the use of other languages must enlarge.

Maybe create one categories in each of the most important languages (Chinese, Spanish, French…) can help introduce new users in the Safe Network.

1 Like

I made a topic in META.

2 Likes

The thing is that it is usually a hard language barrier between english and chinese.

I personally use the help of a proper paid translator (english / chinese / german) to get the things done that i need.
As far as my understanding goes there are no ressources or funds to do such a thing for the moment.
So unless there are people volunteering i see no possibility or simply put no space for this right now.

@xiaowen

当时认购时的价格是0.000042 BTC一个MAIDSAFECOIN。

根据下面页面显示,现在流通量有452,552,412。

2 Likes

I was a bit busy so cannot come here in time. Let’s attract more Chinese users so they can help each other.

10 Likes

哦 好的 谢谢哈 对于目前 Maid 要上中国的元宝 您有什么看法吗?

2 Likes

如果你问一个问题,使其明确。否则,翻译困惑。
If you ask a question, make it clear. Otherwise, translation confused.

哦谢谢哈当前小龙女对中国元宝对此你有何看法?
=> Oh well thank Kazakhstan for the current Maid to the Chinese ingot What is your opinion?
=> 哦谢谢哈当前小龙女对中国元宝对此你有何看法?
=> ???

如果文本没有翻译两次,然后文本没有翻译的。
If text does not translate twice, then text does not translate at all.