MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 31st August 2015

This post had people very excited myself included. How far have things come since?

2 Likes

A few errors that need correcting then blast off!! We’re very close to a public beta testnet. Check for an update later this month.:relaxed:

2 Likes

Is this an offcial weekly DEV update leak Tonda?

Thanks
Al

1 Like

[quote=“Josh_Clsn, post:104, topic:5017”]
How far have things come since?
[/quote]All I can say is contained in the following weekly dev updates.

Look under the development category and the update sub-category

1 Like

I wish it were. Call me naive but judging from the state of the routing and crust code, I have a strong feeling something entertaining will pop up soon (2 - 3 weeks). If not a public testnet then at least detailed documentation and API info app devs can use to get a head start. I’d prefer the former but I understand the desire to release beautiful code devoid of inefficiencies and blaring issues so to speak:relaxed:.

4 Likes

Alright, but you’re gunna have to change your username.

And don’t forget the diaeresis above the “i” - naïve

1 Like

I can be sure you will remind me.:yum:

1 Like

And don’t forget the diaeresis above the “i” - naïve

Ugh, I’d rather use a different word than google it so that I can copy and paste it. Note that his correct spelling may have been uncorrected by his spell-checker - at least on iOS “naive” is a word.

The dots above the i are a diaeresis (see also Ï). As an unitalicized English word, “naive” is now the more usual spelling,[1] although “naïve” is unidiomatic rather than incorrect; “naïf” often represents the French masculine, but has a secondary meaning as an artistic style. “Naive” is now normally pronounced as two syllables, with the stress on the second, in the French manner.
Naivety - Wikipedia

I saw this before posting the original smart-ass comment. I was just being a dick at that point.

2 Likes

They recently (4 days ago) added some examples to the routing repository which shows a local test network and a key value store, they both make use of common (under utils) node creation code which is pretty interesting in itself. I think the head start you are looking for is sitting in github. :wink:

5 Likes

Have you considered that I just didn’t give a f^ck? The fact that naive without the diaeresis is well known to mean the same thing is enough for me. It’s funny that you mention google as an immediate source for vocabulary. Tells me a lot about how you go about these discussions.:grin: I on the other hand just mentally fart posts out. I only correct them if the message is strongly skewed. I find those overly focused on pedantics to be compensating for their own…Can you fill in the rest or must I do it for you?:relaxed:

1 Like

That’s is roughly the last time I checked. They were making great progress.

2 Likes

he might google the answer to that

1 Like

Your reading comprehension is poor.

I said I’d use google search with copy and paste to avoid having to type “naïve.”

2 Likes

Considering our relationship on this forum and the underhanded comments I’ve experienced from you, I assumed it was another attempted jab.

Sorry about that. :innocent:

My defensive attitude as a result of our interactions is something I need to work on. I hope we can continue to build our respect for each other.

Seriously, I’m very sorry about that unwarranted attack.

4 Likes

Stay on-topic please. Thank you.

1 Like

Polpolrene I love you but go away. Shoo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Our deviation was short lived and ended somewhat organically. Your right though. I’d be a hypocrite to continue the above. Though I doubt there’s any left to say in regards to the off topic convo.:grin:

EDIT: I’m sorry but your sudden appearance reminds me of the white dude that abruptly pops up in the first few mortal kombat games. You’d be in the middle of a grueling battle just to see his head pop up and say something like wooptie!!! Pissed me off and made me laugh almost simultaneously. To this day I can’t get over the dissonance it has caused in my soul…:tired_face:

1 Like