MaidSafe Dev Update - 30th August 2016

Nice! It’s very encouraging to see the team grow! Welcome!

7 Likes

thanks for the update. there is no mention though about our new logo. we have
a clear winner: 620 - where do we go from here? can we put a high-res version on the brand
assets page? and where/when do we plan to sport this new logo?

6 Likes

<3<3<3<3 i love tuedays

2 Likes

Great update @frabrunelle I’m on the edge of my seat, there are so many huge things happening at once!

3 Likes

You did read that in the the Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay!-topic didn’t you ;-)? A lot of freaks in that topic.

Great news, will read the blog after updating the rest of the internet on this update. Nice post Francis :thumbsup:.

5 Likes

Yes we’re just doing that at the moment, if not today then tomorrow. Apologies for the delay in getting this added, if we get some time we should be able to get @Scott to provide some images and wallpapers using the brand.

11 Likes

That’ll be cool! Most likely be hearing more about Bnktothefuture next week or the week after as well?

3 Likes

after updating the rest of the Internet

What about, Oldnet, Lastnet, Fathernet… Legacynet?

2 Likes

Thank you for the bucket of good news, it is really nice to see things getting more and more structured.

I will keep listening for new about these development tutorials, lots of interest here !

4 Likes

ah, you must mean Crapnet, do you ?

Thanks Maidsafe devs for your hard work as always, happy to see another dev join your team (always helpfull).

I’m super exited about the tutorials, I hope they’ll also get dumped on tut sites.

Keep up the good work :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for joining MaidSafe and toi toi toi working there! :slight_smile:

Awesome! Welcome Nikita!

1 Like

Woot Dev Tutorials! This is badly needed. Best keep the tools simple. Languages people are likely to know and such. KISS method. Awesome stuff.

And welcome Nikita, the team keeps growing and growing.

3 Likes

I don’t see any resources in this dev update devoted to debugging this specific problem. Data chains, appendable data, secure groups, … are interesting features, but I think the priority should be to insure that infrastructure is solid before building upon it.

Hi,

Thank you everyone, I’m very excited to start at MaidSafe! :slight_smile:

Besides that, I’d love to translate tutorials and documentation into Russian to bring more interest and developers to the platform.

27 Likes

Yes you will, probably before next Tuesday though :wink:

5 Likes

Just on that do we have many people from Germany here for German tutorials? My German is OK, nothing special but I quite easily get my wife to do some translation work in exchange for chocolate, that usually works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even though I know next to nothing about systems programming, and even less about
Rust, some rudimentary C++ being the limit of my talent, reading @nbaksalyer’s blog
I found I could follow pretty much what was going on – just don’t ask me to do
it myself:slight_smile:. Very impressive, especially as English is not his first language.
Looks like @maidsafe made a good choice.

1 Like