MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 2nd February 2016

Do you mean market the technology to the EU proposal examiners?

Assuming that is the case it is certainly challenging to explain, especially in the form of a 30 page doc that the examiner only has 90 minutes to read. We have just kept it very simple and explained the technology from a perspective of a file that is broken into chunks, randomised then encrypted and spread throughout the network…etc…you know the rest by now :). I actually think we have gotten better at explaining the technology, I actually think it is hard to explain our business model and revenue streams, particularly to those not au fait with crypto currencies.

3 Likes

Sounds like sabotage. There are those who stand to lose if this sees the light of day.

The best way to stay motivated for this project is signup for Github. Then find all the places SAFE Network code is housed and check to receive notifications when changes are done.

Then you get to see aweome stuff like this:

I’ve been watching for a while now and everything said in the Dev Updates always showed itself in the notifications.

Thanks again to everybody’s hard work!

13 Likes

There is also the github channel on Slack, which centralizes all commits and comments on the main crates. The Jira channel is also great to see progress on the Launcher these days.
My mornings all start by going there to read the developers discussions and commits. Thanks for sharing so much :smiley: !

10 Likes

I’d compare a software team with a sporting team, albeit over a longer term. You set out at the beginning of a season to take the top prize and everyone is understood to be doing the right thing and training as hard and smart as possible.

The team are of course humans, exposed to temptations…and some will cross the line…and that’s where the leadership group comes in. At the beginning of the year, the players themselves elect a group comprising maybe 10% of the players as the ‘leadership group’ and you rarely see these leaders cross the line.

When a player slips up, the leadership group comes together to discuss punitive action and will dispense this action despite the fact it may hurt the teams chance at the prize. This is because the culture of the club must be protected at all costs, you have fans, sponsors, past players and the public to answer to.

I would hope that Maidsafe have a leadership group in place, that also comes together in these scenarios as opposed to just David having to be the inventor, lead and determiner of restorative action, if any…much too much for one man.

3 Likes

I don’t really get this discussion: How does @reivanen know about this incident, he does not have an official badge here on the forum, but is he an insider anyway? Or is this information public? But then, what did he reveal? Why does everyone take what he said to be true? Do you know who he is? I kind of understand that the developers stay silent, but I have to say I am curious (and I don’t see that it is threatening to the project to be transparent, especially keeping in mind the nature of the project…)

1 Like

As i said in the first message, it is public info.

Can you link me to the source?

I’ve only seen some messages about a deviation from an RFC without a proper update of that RFC. Not sure if that’s what @reivanen is referring to? If so, that’s negligence, not sabotage or rebellion.

1 Like

New blog by @Ross

In the next few weeks a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) should be released and publicly available to be tested. We should begin to to see our internally developed and third-party applications become tangible and planning begin for a sprint to implement Safecoin into the network. From a personal perspective I shall endeavour to make these less technical blog updates a regular occurrence and as always your feedback and comments are very welcome.

14 Likes

Thank you for sharing this @polpolrene. For a non technical person like myself that was a very enjoyable read. Nice blog @Ross! I especially appreciated the many definitions of the technical terms. I have a much clearer picture of Maidsafe’s progress now. These are truly exciting times.

10 Likes