MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 27th April 2015

If this was three weeks ago, and the answer was 3 weeks - a month then there’s no need to give this attitude. I can understand the impatience (we all are, but the dev updates tell you exactly why the delays are there and it’s all to make the network as good as possible and I think that’s also in your advantage), but please stay respectful and maybe you can help them out to launch faster?

3 Likes

lol gtfo fishy troll to bitcointalk and your shitty shitcoins…yes you posted a couple of weeks ago the same question and now because you think this is another shitcoin thread come here and ask the same thing without even checking the past 3-4 dev updates…God I would ban the heck out of you if I were admin here…this project will change the future of Internet and you think you have the right to question the team like it’s a pump and dump scam??

3 Likes

Moderation in all things, well on the forum at least please :slight_smile:

@sfcoin no need to escalate this. Respond, but try to be respectful. I acknowledge @wulfcastle is testing our patience with his impatient attitude, but we can handle that! I don’t know what his concern is but don’t see this as trolling at this point.

@wulfcastle why are you concerned about the delay? Do you have an interest in SAFE? Do you support it? Are you allowing your frustration to get in the way of that support? Please be respectful.

This Dev update is promising and exciting IMO, things becoming ready, a test app for the technical amongst us to play with, progress now moving faster than expected. I’m surprised by your tone in the light of this.

4 Likes

Right that’s it Mark quick stand for election, yer in and better than any we are choosing from in the establishment :smiley:

2 Likes

Apologies for overreacting but I think I spoke in the name of many supporters from here :stuck_out_tongue:

This forum is one of the most civilized ones I’ve ever been a part of and I have great respect for moderators and participants but I can’t stand the trolls attacking the project in which I’ve invested financially and emotionally so much :smiley:

6 Likes

Happy Being for President of the Internet (old and new)!!! Yea!!!

3 Likes

@sfcoin You’re a passionate supporter certainly, and your apology is welcome. We (definitely me anyway) react at times. Taking a moment before hitting reply is what keeps the forum fun, productive and helps MaidSafe deliver SAFE asap :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The power would go to my head so I better not. The happybeing party might attract an interesting bunch of supporters tho :wink:

3 Likes

For interest, I just updated and built the self_encryption crate using Rust, as mentioned in the OP.

I’m getting to know Rust and cargo (Rust’s build tool) and how the source is used to create not just the library itself, but also the documentation. Cargo builds and checks examples in the documentation, builds and runs tests - all of which the devs put in the source code. So one set of source files generates the library, docs, and tests, and checks it all works. And cargo makes this really easy, just a couple of commands, it grabs any dependencies, builds what I want, runs the tests etc, and I can immediately open the documentation in firefox to see what it does and how to use it. Its ten times easier than the C++ build shenanigans.

Its bloody marvellous, and I can see why it saves so much time now over doing this with C++.

I’m still feeling my way around this stuff, but anyone should be able to do this with a bit of patient reading and asking for help here and on the Rust (discourse) forum etc. I got instant help myself from two of the guys at the heart of the Rust project when I asked questions about the language and made some critique of the Rust documentation on github. They are very helpful.

If anyone wants to have a go with Rust I can probably get you as far as I have, so why not! I’m tempted to make a change to the comments in one of the source files just so I can issue a pull request and get my name in the code :wink:

10 Likes

Well we re waiting :wink: , I want to see hundreds of people in the contributor list for all the libraries :+1:

6 Likes

I ran the example application called “basic_encryptor”

I targeted a Json file, out came chunks into “chunk_store_test” and the resulting data_map

7 Likes

“today we are looking to implement a local Crust network in the office.”

I wanted to know how the Crust network turned out if possible please :slight_smile: hearing this from Nick got me really excited.

But I’m also willing to wait until the next dev update if necessary :slight_smile:

Not quite @whiteoutmashups, still in testing and just closing out a couple of issues. We’ll give you all the run down in next weeks update :smile:

1 Like