MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 26th January 2016

Wow, now you did mention about the venus project. Maybe that is exactly what they are talking about, resource based economy (safecoin). Safecoin is valued based on the resources of the network. I mean, I always thought venus project is so out of touch of reality because they want to ditch the idea of “money” system, and go with resource based economy. I figured that is quite hard to achieve because money itself allows human to figure out how much resources they put into, and how much output they have received, and how to distribute the money to the workers. But that isn’t the case after I revisit the venus project. Good observation there, blindsite.

@jabba "I’d rather see us build on the jury system in a decentralised way online
to develop systems that encourage informed participation, wisdom of
crowds etc rather than mob rule "

Exactly. I am looking for people who wants to help me build uber style Jury / Judge / Court system, along with COLA system.

Good on you! Count me in.

I wouldn’t be much help with the technical side of things, but I’d love to be involved in theory and discussion about it.

I’ve been working on this idea and practical solutions to ‘informed judgement/consensus’ in my spare time for years. Would love to share the things I’ve learned and be a part of this discussion.

1 Like

This is what @AndreasF RFC looks like to me, anyone else too?

Ah, sorry! It was merged into the maidsafe/rfcs repository and moved to “active”:
https://github.com/maidsafe/rfcs/blob/master/active/0019-new-kademlia-routing-logic/0019-new-kademlia-routing-logic.md

5 Likes

Thank you! Very much wanted to read it :slight_smile:

Be free to join bitlaw part 2 thread. :slight_smile: We got a lot of ideas rolling in there, and it turned out better than I thought.

Thanks dude, I’ll take a look :slight_smile: