MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 25th May 2015

My problems were all toolchain related, I couldn’t find anything 32bit to run on ARM. That said it doesn’t seem impossible (and for sure something I’d come back to, as I’d love to get the C1 on the testnet); just going to take some more digging.

I’ll try that link out tomorrow I guess as I’ve got some free time then! Thanks.

3 Likes

Ee are…seen me arse now- you better ‘ad do one, us Mancs speak dead proper, nowt like that mingin’ Scottish bobbins! :smiley:

2 Likes

There isn’t any json-rpc crate at cargo.io. That’s why I decided to implement it.
Bitcoin uses the version 1.0 ( Bitcoin - Open source P2P money ). I want to implement the 2.0 version of that specification. It’s transport agnostic and you can use it over http or sockets. It could be useful for communicate locally with your own MaidSafe client. :wink:

3 Likes

On a more serious academic note and to get us back on topic :smiley: it is actually a little known fact that behavioural psychologists once recruited the Scottish band the Proclaimers in a controlled experiment back in the 90’s – in fact it was this very test that lead to the term “double blind” experiment being coined.
The experiment involved dividing volunteers into 2 groups to test their auto-response mechanisms. The 1st group were given Doughnuts to eat and told to try not to lick the sugar from their lips. The 2nd group were played “500 miles” by the Proclaimers and told to try not to sing “Durda…duh…duh” aloud at the relevant point in the song.
Unfortunately the experiment had to be halted due to the group tests running simultaneously and in adjacent un sound - proofed rooms. The lab technicians had to intervene to clean up a huge mess of sprayed Doughnut detritus from the 1st group that had inadvertently overheard the song……true story.
Try it yourself if you don’t believe me:

Ok….I’m bored….lol

3 Likes