MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 23rd February 2016

Dude, you still did not address the only issue i had: why did they not say that the release is delayed, instead of deciding on posting beautiful misleading updates?

Did February lose some days this year? Is tomorrow March 1st?

4 Likes

Hmm true, but oh well, we can’t arrest them for not fulfilling? Oh and BTW, the week is still not over.
They can’t really come out now and say it’s further delayed. And why should they? We know it’s because it’s not ready. You know it too. You just want them to apologize to you, so you can feel some kind of justification for being cross, right? Or am I wrong?
I have no problem if it will take even weeks or months yet, because I know when it’s released the developer is happy with his product.

4 Likes

Where are these? Link please.

5 Likes

Delayed compared to what? My understanding is that they hoped to deliver the MVP during February. No promises, but a target, and one which still might be met.

If you have a hard date or promise in mind please reference it, otherwise you’re giving a false impression of what was said IMO, and smearing the Devs without justification.

14 Likes

The way I see it holding a projects coins makes me no more of an investor than holding ÂŁ makes me a investor in the UK. I hold many coins as a SPECULATOR in different projects it gives me no rights to complain.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Who said it would? We are trying to get out an MVP imminently, as @ross wrote (not said, there was no voice or speaking in either a sales tone or a human tone, just kind words honestly scribed). If you can help then do, but if you are trying to delay then you are, if you are wishing for a release then help out.

I think you need to calm down and read what is written and engage for info if you wish. Then we all move forward, if you feel folks are not trying hard enough then I would be interested to know where. If you feel there is lack of ability and you know a better way then please point that out in the code/papers/video/comment/talks/questions/tweets etc.

So it’s us working for the community and the greater populous here, we welcome any help and support where we can get it. But you can only dig with the shovel you have and we are digging deep. If you can help then do and you will be welcomed, but do not accuse any of the team of not being as open as the can be. that is something we live by and none of us would consider any deviation from that.

As oor man Rabbie said “Never judge me, till you have walked a mile in my shoes” It’s worth remembering that. So when you feel like screaming step into any of the teams shoes for a wee minute or 2 and see how hard we work to get as accurate as possible. I think you will reflect on your post with a new level of enlightenment.

24 Likes

Untrue (we said we hope to … (and still do)), which begs the question

13 Likes

Will you post these links in this development update forum section or in any other section? Thanks!

Ross and everybody else explained to you in the last few months about the updates on why things are delayed. Every time there is an update: you outlash it, complaining, bitching, and moaning. Seriously, go make a software before you say a word. Otherwise, Go away troll. All you doing is bringing down the everybody’s positive frequencies and put people on your lowest common denominator negative frequencies. You’re not doing yourself, and the community any good.

4 Likes

We need this now to stop the police state. Things are going to get hot because it seems the US State has finally concluded that far right elements in both the Israeli state and US state were behind 911. But look at who is still in power in Israel and who is trying to regain it in the US.

1 Like

One thought I always ponder when I see projects like SAFE, and similar/comparable ones, which are going to be sitting on top of/using the same cables as the current internet, is that what if they decide to shut down sections of the current internet in a desperate move to crash networks like SAFE?
OK, one argument would be that this would/could never happen because that would also disrupt their own internet access…unless…they already have a “secret” cable network running parallel to the official one?
I know I’m pondering crazy thoughts, but…?

1 Like

Wow, this is the first time I’ve seen any post by David where he’s noticeably frustrated.

David, the community supports you, as excited as we are to get the MVP, we want your stamp of approval on it. You set the standard. Take your time, round those corners, sand those edges. We’ll be here when you need us.

13 Likes

I don’t see any genuine signs of frustration here, he is being factual and to the point .

7 Likes

I feel like it’s obvious he’s frustrated.

He and the whole dev team have probably been working 20 hour days for the past few weeks to finally release the first actual demonstration of the core technologies of the network. And instead of support and praise, he receives CONSTANT comments about “why isnt it released yet”, “the network will never launch”, “you’re not working hard enough”.

Let’s be serious here, this is extremely stressful, david is handling it like a champ.

@dirvine how much does the yum yum rule cost? I’ll gladly buy the devs a round of bevs on me.

1 Like

You can feel however you like, those words he said are not words used to show obvious signs of frustration, there was no tone or words used that are direct indications of frustration.

He might very well be frustrated but that paragraph he wrote doesn’t show it alone

1 Like

Internet is not going anywhere, everything in this world is linked to the internet. We have reach no return point years ago and with the internet of things every thing will be connected.
I read somewhere that they will put satellite in the sky to allow billions of people in Africa/India etc… to connect to the internet via their smartphone so its gonna be literally everywhere, there is no going back to the old age :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:smiling_imp: I just presume someone might have been short on MAID and hoped a couple of accusations here (and maybe some apocalyptic talk in the trollbox …?) might bring back down the price again a little bit :hushed:
(…cause the intensity of the complaint doesn’t really makes sense to me …)