MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 23rd February 2016

That is actually a significant point I didn’t give attention.

You’re correct that applications developed linking to the launcher, will not take on the launcher’s license. However, it still poses other issues like porting the code for propietary platforms (which seems like it should be allowed).

As you said, licensing in any form, is hotly debated within dev circles.

2 Likes

I wonder why the switch? I mean there was this big controversy about switching from C++ to Rust so why add a third language into the mix like this for the launcher?

No wonder. I’m familiar with javascript but angular is new. Seemed familiar but couldn’t quite read it. But then again I didn’t see the whole program.

Hi Nerds,

I don’t have the expertise to follow these discussions. I just want to know if I can download the test application to play around with? If so, where?

Very excited for MaidSafe! :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Very soon, according to this update. I am sure the devs will make a topic with all the details on how and where to download the s/w so we can do some testing

We’re all waiting patiently, Piddlestorm, I check in here everyday, scan these replies, try to ignore the moaners, try to understand the jargon and try to pinpoint the actually important stuff. It’s getting harder everyday.

You managed to lay down my sentiments in three simple sentences and gave me a giggle at the same time.

Thanks for that.

4 Likes

Article: http://blog.cryptoiq.ca/?p=325

Forum topic:

3 Likes

Wow it really is getting there now. I don’t feel let down about the time it cost to perfect this idea. I feel grateful being at this doorstep now. I want and will soon see freedom for whistle blowers in oppressed regions. Holographic like safe storage across entire world network. The 3d printers building aquaponic farms lifting standards for poorest. The work of the last few years obviously going to yield a bounty. Do not let those who only watched get you down with impatient resentment.

6 Likes

Yeah, we opted to quickly come up with an angular app. Probably the code is bit hard to follow at the moment for the demo app. Will be refactoring it to make it simpler and add more docs to it in the next few days.

3 Likes

I do not want to spoil, but…yeah hah. The launcher is ready to download

6 Likes

Registered and logged in, but I have no clue what I can do now. Wonder how to add the virtual drive? Or if there’s anywhere to browse to already?

2 Likes

Get the demo app, make yourself a name and publish sites, store data etc. All to be revealed very soon :smiley:

13 Likes

Thanks! The “old” DNS Example should work? It hangs on “Uploading your files” for a minute already.

Hope you don’t mind me rushing ahead and asking pre-mature questions. :smiley:

1 Like

It wont be compatible. You will have to download the demo_app from releases. The instructions should be out in mins:D

4 Likes

Thanks, just registered my username and uploading first template website now!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!

I am on wit the Linux launcher but I don’t know what to do from there.

Everybody needs to read SAFE Network Client Testing Commences

The official announcement!

1 Like

It’s out everyone!!! Check the landing page for the most recent thread created by Ross!!!
Time to get this party started!!! :joy: :tada:

5 Likes

Woo! Once the child is in bed, I will be joining in the fun! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you for your vision to improve the world. I wish to follow in your lead.

5 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes