MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 22nd March 2016

It will be vaults @smacz and that will signify the MVP being reached.

8 Likes

Is data PUT with the MVP permanent and persistent?

1 Like

No, the network will be taken down and restarted so don’t put anything on it that you can’t afford to lose.

1 Like

Am I to understand we’ll have vaults before safecoin implementation? Will we have messaging? (I feel like a nagging kid yelling from the back seat every time I ask this but…) How long do you think it will be until the next update? What I mean to say is are we expecting to wait until next Tuesday for an update and psosible vault implimentation or will the network be upgraded sometime this week?

1 Like

… +1

1 Like

Thank you for the update! MaidsSafe team is on the right course! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a public bank holiday this weekend. Meaning dont expect anything to happen on friday to monday! That is of course unless the developers dont take a break too! (Which im sure they probably will)

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

See what Nick said. Vaults will first come out.
But he didn’t say production vaults will start functioning before Safecoin is available.

Although that’s quite possible, considering the ease of bootstraping and other “nice to have” things that would appear if SAFE without Safecoin was allowed to work for a very short period of time.
Which is exactly what I proposed back in October and for which one of the insightful mods rewarded me by locking the topic (because… something). Those who read that post will see what I said back in October 2015 - I preferred March 2016 without Safecoin to June 2016 with. I think that was too much to bear for the sensitive community so the mods jumped in to help.

2 Likes

So difficult, i cant wait to see if i lose all my inversion :3

1 Like

I did. I was asking as I’ve been following the updates closely and if I understand correctly messaging is a prerequisite for safecoin. It’s also one of the features I believe that was mentioned in the recent updates. So I was asking for clarification as to the sequence of events given how different sections of the network rely on one another but don’t nessesarily seem to be being completed in order. I’m still a bit fuzzy as to what is a prerequisite for what in order to function, the particular build order as it were and interdependencies of the network but it did seem a relevant point when asking about when and what might be expected given the next update or software release. If I understood what he said then I wouldn’t have asked for clarification. There’s no reason for a snide comment and refer me to the very statement I’m asking about. Yes I understand vaults come before safecoin but do vaults come before messaging or are they released at once? Or by how much? And how much of a leap is it from one to another? If to get from a to c you need to build b what all is b?

2 Likes

Yes, messaging will come before the full safecoin implementation in the iterative roll out we have planned @Blindsite2k. I don’t want to pre-empt the roadmap too much (yes we are still working on it) but you are right to suggest that there is an overlap between new features and many will come in various stages. Safecoin for example will require farming rate algorithms be put in place prior to implementing test safecoin.

7 Likes

I remember for awhile there @Ross was doing to-do lists of what needed to be done to bring us the launcher/app and now I think that might be good for the upgrades and eventual MVP so we can see what’s needed to be checked off the list. It also gives insight as to the internal structure of SAFE.

1 Like

@Blindsite2k I believe what you are asking for should be covered within the new roadmap and as Nick stated this is still being worked on.

2 Likes

I think he means this: MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 1st March 2016

2 Likes

Will there be a 32-bit version of the loader for Linux soon?

We have just released a patch update for SAFE Launcher to v0.4.1. Follow the link for more details.

5 Likes

Maybe my view settings for the forum are screwed up, when sorting to the top…

It does appear that these dev updates are pinned which is great, but information regarding the current test network is nowhere to be seen for me (and not included with the Dev updates)

I’d think it important from here on out, to have details of the test network at the top of the forum at all times, maybe that’s inside the dev update…a pinned topic or both. Maybe it’s there, I cant see it…I have to now go searching for ‘Test Applications’ or something to find them. I looked in Github and could not see the test apps there either.

Maybe I need my eyes checking again…

1 Like

Great question! I’m not sure. Perhaps someone else knows the answer to this?