MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 1st March 2016

Thanks for replied @chrisfostertv , if so, i am going to not add too much contents to the site. :grin:

3 Likes

Great news!

I’m keeping a close eye on this, as it seems an interesting project which has great potential to disrupt the status quo. But let’s not forget that one’s idea is only as good as the implementation and user adoption.

Cheers!

3 Likes

As an alternative for now, it is possible to view all the support tickets added to the backlog of Maidsafe team by looking at the Jira issue list, filtered on the type “IT help”. I think this does not require an account.

https://maidsafe.atlassian.net/browse/CS-36?jql=issuetype%20%3D%20%22IT%20Help%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC

2 Likes

Yes as always you guys are ahead of the game :smiley:

Due to the number of limitations with JIRA Service Desk we have decided that this is not the route we should currently go down mainly because of the lack of transparency with it and the inability to allow everyone visibility of all issues.

So we have created a project within JIRA Core called Customer Support and have migrated the existing issues from Service Desk into this new project. We have opened this project up to allow viewing all existing and creating issues without logging in. Of course by creating an account you can follow progress easier but you do not need one.

The direct link to the new JIRA project is > Log in with Atlassian account

Follow the link and click Create to raise an issue. Remember this is a testing period and this reporting process reflects this.

13 Likes

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the MVP. Any rough timescales?

1 Like

End of last month :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Very glad to be able to see what’s going on in Jira!

WIth the way the devs have been hiding about the date of the MVP release it makes me think it will take a few more months. Progress can’t be rushed, but why not put an achievable goal to finish?

It’s not really hiding as it is going at full pace right now. Unless we knew every hurdle we will have to cross we cannot tell how long to cross them :wink: The current velocity wil change now with last weeks release and again this wee coming. So we will all see how fast it went. None of us will ever know how fast feature X will be coming. Even the Rust community cannot tell with any certainly when a part of the language will stabilise, they can hope and use waterfall releases which helps.

For now best to make sure we are all focussed on these releases and then let folk see what was released and they can calculate how long it took and maybe make an opinion on the next part.

Individually we all have our own opinions on how long a part will take to release, I am hugely over optimistic in timescales for instance and would say something too optimistic. it would then get pounced on and blog posts and forum messages would abound, only to lead to disappointment. So I hope the rolling release will let everyone see the speed and make their own decisions. We do hope to move to a a waterfall release cycle (6-8 weeks per release), but have too much to get out the door immediately. So we will just push hard right now.

Hope that helps a little, but there is no hiding about anything I hope as we try and explain what is happening in as close to real time as we can.

17 Likes

The project have been there for over ten years, we hope Dev will release MVP soon… as the project is great and ambitious, it also need approve in time.:wink:

I think they’ve been really forthcoming, open and honest about the releases.

We all hope for more as soon as possible, and we’re all excited and anxious, but it doesn’t speed the process up to distract the devs with these kinds of questions/accusations.

If you look through more of the threads you’ll see the team have been working very hard and they’ve been putting in obscene hours to try to deliver as much as possible as soon as possible.

I know we’re all naturally impatient, but let’s not start taking that out on the people who are making all of this possible. Criticism doesn’t achieve much in this kind of situation, especially when it’s misplaced.

Now David, back to the grind stone with you please!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

/chuckle

9 Likes

Oops I didn’t mean to start a criticism of the devs nor to distract them. I was only looking for very rough timescales because I’m super excited about this project, especially with it coming straight outta Troon. :slight_smile: Would rather they release something working than anything rushed so they should take their time.

Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

A new NWA sequel? Very interested!

Jokes aside, this could be a great title for a MaidSafe / SAFE Network documentary (which I’m sure will be made eventually, and I’m very very much looking forward to!)

3 Likes

You’re fine! :slight_smile:

In the parlance of MAID devs, it is no coincidence that “Soon” rhymes with “Troon” - :smiley:

2 Likes

Agreed. Straight Outta Troon. With some sick moody black and white footage of the devs cruising the streets of Troon.

2 Likes

And you see Larry Page and Mark Zuckerberg etc quivering on the side as they stroll on by