MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 19 October 2015

What lucky kids!!! I wish, I was a kid in troon…

6 Likes

This is off topic talk I know :frowning:

Can anyone explain what the real life problem is with the madesafe token being at any price, high or low, apart from cost to buy or making money on the token. To say it another way, how does it affect the project or your holdings awaiting to be converted to safecoin, apart from the obvious cost to buy more.

I realise traders see it different, but I am addressing those hold the token awaiting the network

1 Like

haha - yes the only problem in real life might be that a couple of poor students might have invested some of their small savings cause they hoped to get rich Oo and now they are even more broke than before :smiley: but thats how it is in life :open_mouth: gambling is evil

3 Likes

The students think it is pretty funny when “proper adult investors” are
less patient than they are - they don’t understand why everyone is in a
such a rush for the price to go up - they like it to stay low because
they can buy a lot more the longer it does (they realise they are racing
against the clock to accumulate as much as possible as quickly as
possible!)*

Well, poor students seem not worry much…

*A Different Perspective

4 Likes

yeah xD I’m a poor student too - I don’t have much - I can’t loose much :wink: so I don’t worry at all … :slight_smile: … and 3 years from now I will buy a car in safecoins :slight_smile:

plus i believe in the idea behind the safe network and I’m sure there are others out there who will find it useful and therefore use it =)

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Let’s talk Tesla

5 Likes

Gotta love this community…

Link to Atlassian.
Link to GitHub.

great work @mabe !!!

12 Likes

@polpolrene Thanks! I agree, the spirit of the SAFE community is outstanding! Thank you for making it so vibrant!

I am just a calm forum-follower, RUST-newbie dev who is happy to synergetically

• contribute to such an ambitious project
  • learn a new programming language by solving easy tasks
  • (and at the same time) get some BTC reward

That great!
The real props goes out to the Maidsafe devs!

15 Likes

The community love is real

3 Likes

How about mounting your own Safedrive. Will that be possible after this sprint? Is that a lot of work? Would be cool to start the client and see a safe: drive show up at your computer :smiley:

4 Likes

that would be so awesome!!! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

No but it is not a lot of work. There is a safe_drive repo that is empty just now, but it can and does use rust FUSE so can easily mount a SAFE drive on linux/osc and with CBFS community edition out then windows becomes simpler.

The focus now is network and mobile devices (where FUSE will not work), but drive repo will get some tlc soon enough, possibly after network is feature complete (I pray for next sprint to be feature complete). Lots and lots of very fast work, we are pushing devs hard so we will see.

5 Likes

so next sprint is not release? :joy:

Nothin is release, we will keep pushing out features till complete. Next sprint should (I really hope) be feature complete, but not every feature anyone can think of :wink: Then after test and stabilisation test-safecoin will die or xfer to safecoin (we will see?) and maidsafecoin will xfr to safecoin.

During that time we will have apps/more features etc. as well as security and tech debt sprints. So this is a rolling rollout if you like. Anyone can jump on whenever they wish, we will pretty fast I think and farm and create apps like demons. You should too :smiley:

[EDIT feature complete to me means enough for anyone to create apps on a live network with rewards in place etc. to allow testing]

9 Likes

nice to hear that, we are close to get safenetwork, right

and will the test be in public?

2 Likes

No promises from me, I made a lot of near promises about launch last year with c++ then got a shock and felt terrible, so worked hard to simplify the logic then the actual code. So all I can say is we as a team are in a great place and much more comfortable with progress so far, the devs have put in a mammoth effort under huge pressure.

The sprints work and the network is rolling out well. When we can all use to from our homes and devs can code against it then we will see the real opportunities.

so no promises except that we are trying our level best and with as much openness as possible. We can do no more I feel, but it means folks need to be aware of jira/dev updates etc. I expect that to change soon though.

12 Likes

Does this mean Rust-6?
And does feature complete mean permanent data & SafeCoin?
Anyone who knows can answer

Yes

Not quite, this will get to testing all features, which may become permanent etc. :wink:

5 Likes

In what scenario would it not become permanent? Or, how would the test network be rebooted/rebootstrapped if necessary?

1 Like