MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 16th February 2016

AGAIN, you guys missed your promise, which destroyed the MAID price.

Last estimate was February, so no missed promises. And don’t forget that next to getting your facts straight that the traders buy and sell the coins, not Maidsafe.

4 Likes

Can you link to this “promise”. We are trying to get an MVP out this month and the team are working hard to do so as well as community developers also helping out. So no promise and as long as we keep the teams heads down and moral high then lets hope this is possible.

Or we can kick them in the head and wonder why they do not work so hard, I am gonna stick with lets support them as it’s likely to prove to be a wee bit more productive as well as morally acceptable. I of course also try and help with the code as well, I feel it’s the least I can do, sometimes you have to ask yourselve “what did you do to help”

37 Likes

You have fallen into the mistake of following the poloniex troll box as if it was fact .

There has been no promise that it would be ready on tuesday , it was people trying to purposely get more people to buy into the coin and further continue the hype that had been generated .

There isn’t even a promise that it will be ready before the end of February, Just that it most likely will be unless they encounter some problems they have yet to of encountered

12 Likes

Not worth wasting time on someone who only cares about the Maid price.

5 Likes

You mean like the promise where they said people could have installers to try the network locally? Ohw wait, they did delivered that one and it worked like magic. On all OS that is:

MaidSafe Dev Update 31st August 2015
MaidSafe Dev Update 31st August 2015 - Part II

It’s taking some more time okay? Why putting your frustration on the price in a topic here. Ethereum is down over 20% over the last 24H. You can’t blame any update here for that as well. Nobody knows. Don’t be fooled by trollboxes and chatboxes. Just read the forum and updates here and you’re way more informed than trolling price pumpers.

5 Likes

:smiley: not judging =D … but you bought at least 400k at 7k now we’re at ~10k => +12 BTC … so … ~+4836 USD (if you didn’t sell at a low)

I don’t really see a reason for your harsh comment … plus as already mentioned the “deadline” tuesday was trollbox rumour … let’s see what happens when we are online =D

7 Likes

Dude, don’t get hung up on the micro perspective if you’re an investor. 2 cents to 7 cents could never hold that quickly, growth comes in spurts with retraces, and even if the MVP had launched there still would have to be a price correction because there’s so much excitement and anticipation - people are chasing each other too far up the sell book too quickly. It is just the mvp and will take a while yet to be a full alpha that builds utility to provide a stable base that reduces the volatility. If you have invested then well done, safecoins will one day be quite sought after and valuable… in my opinion anyway. Don’t sell this year and don’t care about price fluctuations now, or day-trade and make better decisions.

Only you are responsible for the gambles and risks you take when you trade, so this would be your mistake and you’ll get no sympathy or support for throwing your toys out of the pram.

Own it, learn from it and move on.

7 Likes

It is called dollar cost averaging and it MAID me plenty of profit and surely some more.

3 Likes

The Deadline Tuesday Rumour was based on deliberately assuming
the DEV Update we get will be equivalent with delivering the MVP :ant:

Making it all work will take its days , what counts is good work is done .

1 Like

People are impatient it use to take longer to traverse the world than to change it this way.

2 Likes

MVP not being released could have nothing to do with the price going down, anyway. Bitcoin went up; all other coins went took a hit. Also MAID hit a nice high, so people sold. All these things brought it down together. Now lets bring each other up together (by contributing to the MVP once it’s live).

9 Likes

This ^ Every top trading coin was red this morning. Deep red. Also, traders do odd stuff like “buy the rumer, sell the news”. Actual news content doesn’t make a difference much of the time. They also go off charts and resistance zones. We hit resistance and news broke. Both sell signals for many. Trading purely on facts without factering in the many irrational things that happen in markets is dangerious. All markets are heavily manipulated so be carful and be informed :grinning:

4 Likes

give this man a cookie, he knows what’s up.

1 Like

The MVP(Minimum Value Product) will be out before March 1st???

1 Like

Well done guys! You rock!

If any of you ever in Melbourne, Australia, hit me up… I’ll shout you a beer or five :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what the team is shooting for. Let’s cheer them on and send positive energy just in case they can receive it. :wink:

3 Likes

So much hostility toward @mazide3 . Of course he/she has no real concept of whats going on here so why not let things play out and let him/her learn? Obviously he/she have a very different view of why MAID exists and that should be respected. This was an investment gone wrong for them, not a technology or ideology. To get the attention of David Irvine should suffice. Many feel let down by the delays and have the same rights as the cheerleaders. IMO 90% of the confrontations on this forum are because things have not unfolded as many were led to believe. Things are shaping up so lighten up, we’re in a good place. Hopefully.

4 Likes

I’ll add that @mazide3 should take some time and understand how markets work and how pseudo “equities” are priced. Currently the orderbook for MAID on Poloniex is quite healthy and the precipitous drop in price was anticipated by many. By understanding how all of this works allows you to profit from not so good news and good news. “Buy On Rumor, Sell On News” … works every time… GL

2 Likes

I’m most interested in the (hopefully near) future rollout of safecoin. On top of safecoin being the feature of the network in my view, if it works out, then future distributed companies won’t have to worry about making a currency code - which would likely require far more security/technical concern than the rest of their respective product- from the ground up, and the DC movement can go into full gear.

That, and I got two systems and 3TBs waiting to make me some safecoin and watch the stuff go to the moon.

3 Likes