MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 15th December 2015

I want to highlight this so it is not misinterpreted (e.g as “launch”). This is an indication that the Rust-5 deliverables are currently weeks away - that’s a first public test network. I think this means something like what we played with earlier but with everyone participating in one public network rather than in isolated local networks.

@al_kafir I think you are overlooking the reasoning I gave about pressure - that calling for timescales can itself create pressure, particularly when it becomes a chorus, and in some cases more than just asking. Also, that providing timescales certainly does create pressure, especially when, as currently, it is very difficult to estimate reliably.

I hope you and everyone can see from this update that some of the team do currently feel under great pressure because of this overrun. We’ve already seen how this can be unhealthy for the project because it seems to have been a factor in what caused this delay, and obviously can be unhealthy for the team.

To All At MaidSafe

I’d like to say to the team that I know you are likely to work extra hard in this situation, but my experience that is not in your or the project’s interests if it goes on too long. So be willing to take a pause when needed, and carry on doing the great work on this amazing project. And thank you all for all your work and good humor.

6 Likes