MaidSafe Dev Update - 14th June 2016 - TEST 4

Don’t think we’re too far off from network size 3000 already :slight_smile: it seems like this network already has at a minimum 1800+ nodes right now(just calculated from droplet nodes), which we haven’t had before. Think the max we’ve seen from previous tests was ~750.

10 Likes

Should this be possible? It looks to me like safe demo app is working without permissions (I had previously granted them but logged out of launcher and back in again, the app was on the list of permissions but as you can see is now gone). I can upload/download file and create websites etc.

1 Like
---------------------------------------------------------- 
| Node(39b970..) PeerId(66c4..) - Routing Table size: 338 | 
---------------------------------------------------------- 

:astonished:

1 Like

A record :wink: Looks a bit strange though. It is something we are measuring.

2 Likes

Awesome maidsafe team, will run the test4 vault tomorrow,thanks for hard works

Can I assume that when you logged in again the app was on the list and then all of the sudden the list is emptied. But the demo application still conects?

If yes, then it should be a UI issue which we will try to reproduce. The permissions are kept in the memmory and validated behind the scenes though the UI has lost its state for some wierd reason. In case, if the permission is not in the memmory of the launcher then applications wont be able to connect.

But thanks for spotting this one :slight_smile: We will try to reproduce this locally and test. We have tried testing with too many applications listed but never ran into this scenario. Anyways, we will try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks @oceanic_panda

6 Likes

Are they taking the droplets down? I see about 1/3 of my routing table entries dropped in the last half hour.

No but droplets at less than 10% of network earlier anyway.

4 Likes

Something is happening, since it’s now about half of my routing table dropped.

I run 2 Vaults and I have 82 and 97 nodes without any weird moves in the routing table.

Been running it on/off since yesterday, and no real issues so far.

Looking at my chart, I detect a daytime trend: There was a big rise around 0800 UK DST time, then a sharp leap upward at 0900, a plateau all day long, then a sharp downward slope from 1745 DST. so it looks like someone was running many vaults at work.

I haven’t managed to open a .safenet page…
Proxy is set up. Is actually anybody able to open a .safenet page at the moment?
My vault is running nicely though… (Routing table size is 199 btw)

1 Like

Had a vault up all day today (Since the newest version got uploaded late last night after the network went down) and my routing table is now at 99 which is the highest ive seen it all day. Max cpu usage ive seen is 0.5% on surface pro 4/i7

3 Likes

http://hello.safenet is up and small file so should work for you too. Have you setup the proxy?

1 Like

Proxy is set up! But the page is loading forever…
I am running Windows on a virtual machine and my host computer is connected to a VPN … might that ben an issue ?

Oh… My launcher stated that I was loggin in. I closed and reopened it.
But I couldn’t login again… My ID has been deleted…
I recreated the same ID with same passwords,… and now everything is working.
Maybe this was related to the launcher bug dirvine was talking about yesterday…

I noted a few days ago, you don’t need to be logged in to browse safenet sites… which follows from SAFE being for everyone, including those without accounts.

That’s a first… perhaps the network forgot that it forgot… or perhaps you created the account before network was rebooted.

one vault on two seperate machines, both running flawless. will add a few more machines today. Nice job MaidSafe. Network running perfect, then launcher, then APPS…okay, that works for me.

2 Likes

Different iterations and releases of vaults and launchers and other components put emphasis on different things and subcomponents or different implementations. The testnets and everything you see is not be regarded as a simple state of the network or a simple expression of the current situation. Everything is highly intervoven and depending on each other. But main aspec is that they are testing different areas and components of the software. Its not a monolithic block that becomes better per definition by each and every release. The comonents need to interact and there is a lot of parameters to be tuned and empirically to be tested. And especially real world deployment. Which these testnets are also probably just a very simple and basic aproach so far and later on with more and more participants we will see the real fun and if parameters hold what they sought. Keep calm and god save the queen :). Cheers.

1 Like

4 nodes running on a server =) badäääm :smiley: that should help latency more than one on my laptop via wifi xD

1 Like