Sure :joy:

Escalicha = Johnlu = Irvine = Satoshi

3 Likes

come back to your forum, nenupipis are not welcome

1 Like

Spot the testnet :nerd: These are API requests starting at April 1st this year:

I made a topic in META with more stats.

12 Likes

Wow! I’m legendary!! :blush: Well, running a vault was really easy. This thing is a good work made by maidsafe team. Kinda “plug 'n play”.

But I’m also a bit dissapointed with this dev update. But don’t worry, I’ll move on and feel better soon :wink:

4 Likes

It’s great to see the dev update in the morning (Western), versus at night, AND I just noticed this article about the SAFE Network posted on the Futurology subreddit, which I follow on a daily basis!

4 Likes

excellent news ! Thank you very much for the amazing work again, and specially for allowing community driven test networks ! This will certainly help a lot to keep the pace in creating together an amazing and crazy future ! :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks for the update. About the design, which is extremely important for adoption and ultimately what people associate with the project. Maybe it would be a good idea to share some screens or give a sneak peek at what direction you guys are taking it?

Many knowledgeable people here who might have very valuable feedback for Scott.

2 Likes

wahahaha - okay - i seriously have to install the server that is waiting for this for some time now -.-" … next time there’ll be another node with symmetric bandwidth starting :smiley:

790 is quite impressive if you consider that only some where fast enough to participate xD

Yey community testnets!!! =D :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: well done @whiteoutmashups :wink:

4 Likes

Nice catch, upvoted :wink:

4 Likes

It’s quite interesting, how easily some dismiss such a great update and others see it as gold:

2 Likes

Thanks Maidsafe team for your hard work.

Can somebody please give me the command line of the vault the next we test the Network?

It feels so good to be on the SAFE Network every time… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

./safe_vault --help will print all available actions.

7 Likes

I guess that’s real world ADSL which is certainly the norm here in Australia.

I look forward to how you guys will solve this and the community feedback on browsing performance over ADSL whilst running a vault.

Edit:

We are now testing with the more fine-grained message prioritisation that distinguishes between messages that are essential to the integrity of the network and messages that can be dropped if the bandwidth is not enough.

They see the problem and already testing solutions…that’s why their the best Safenetwork Devs in the world :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Cool. The same issue, of optimizing the use of asymmetric bandwidth, has been well-studied in the bittorrent world. For example: HOWTO Maximise Download Speed via Outbound Traffic Shaping

EDIT: A quick-and-dirty approach could be to test each new vault to discriminate between ones with symmetric bandwidth (i.e., droplets) and the ones on ADSL. Then throttle down the latter’s transfer of data chunks. This would allow continued testing while future versions of safe_vault were given more capability for traffic shaping on those home connections and mobiles.

15 Likes

I think this will help SAFE to gain more trust from outsiders :thumbsup:. Are there any drafts on this one? I can’t find anything in the RFC-channel on GitHub. Or is that RFC still work in progress?

5 Likes

Maybe looking into Project Maelstrom
http://blog.bittorrent.com/tag/maelstrom/
will give some insights to further progress…
I’m sure SAFE can benefit from inspirations :chipmunk:

Yes it’s a couple of RFC’s actually being worked on as we type :smiley:

2 Likes

There has been no mention of MVP for the last 3 weekly update. I guess it got pushed much further.

What are the minimum feature / specification of what you would call an MVP ?

1 Like
5 Likes