Maidsafe at Mobile World Congress 2015 | Scottish Development International

This as the leave no stone unturned approach I always have, although I have spoken with many investors it’s always made clear this is an open source and value giving project. So not the usual business plan stuff. Ideally we always look for partners, but partners must be aligned with the vision, which really annoys many institutional investors. We thought Silicon Valley would be different, but it was not, in fact if anything it was worse, you have 40 mins to beg for a meal if you can promise riches beyond belief for no effort. Not my scene really

I hope all that changes now and we can show there are ways to provide value and not expect payment in privacy or cash for doing so.

We did believe there were some investors interested in helping people and make money later out there, but I figure they are also few and far between. I wish they would realise the world has huge opportunities that cannot be business planned with hockey stick shape revenue graphs and swat analysis. It will take brave souls to move forward and fools to look for a quick buck, the brave souls will end up vastly better rewarded.

I see the crowd sale as getting a bunch of not only interested but capable supporters. I cannot see that happening with the majority of institutional investors.

7 Likes