Maidsafe and Safecoin Icon, Logo and Graphics (made in Blender)

No I made these in blender but I think I can export to CAD. I’ll have to double check.

1 Like

Here’s a quick render of my work so far on the new safecoin. (I’ve only got one side done so far.)

3 Likes

really nice work, can’t wait to see the finalized design. In my opinion you need to have the blue/white theme.

1 Like

Well shit. I tried to animate the whole thing and ended up screwing up the keyframes. (it ended up flying apart for some reason. I think I need to lock the position as well as rotation. Annoying.) So basically I need to redo a whole crapload of work because I had to revert to an old save. But I managed to snag a screenshot (again only of the front sorry). Here you go.

1 Like

These are very nice, though what about the mobius ring?

Are these 3D CAD like?

Lol got distracted by the coin idea. Sorry that’s my ADD acting up lol. Hold on I’ll modd it a bit and I’ll export some CAD files for you.

@dallyshalla

Blender does not have a great CAD exporter. This is as close as I can find and it seems to be in development.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/DXF_Exporter

What file formats does your CAD program accept?

1 Like

STL would be a winner

Wish granted. Cahoots — Ann Arbor tech coworking

1 Like

well the file type is correct.

1 Like

Ah but it only exported the object I had selected at the time. Hmmm let me try again.

Ok @dallyshalla try this Cahoots — Ann Arbor tech coworking No guarentees but I had everything selected this time. Maybe that will help.

1 Like

I don’t know how to say this politely so i won’t say anything.

@reivanen then what was the point in commenting? Obviously you’re upset by something. If you’ve got a problem just say it or don’t.

1 Like

@Blindsite2k You got it! I will show this to the manufacturer and get his input in terms of makability etc; Nice steps forward!\

I should add that I am using tinkerCAD

it was recommended to me by the independent owner of 3D printed prototyping firm for your ‘fortune 500 companies’

I guess that makes MaidSafe fortune 500 :wink:

Don’t forget to give me credit for my work. :smile: And I’ve got more design ideas where that came from. I’m still working on the coin here. Once printed you might try painting that thing (if you can’t manage to print it in multiple coloured plastic).

Quick render of the remake of the safecoin. This time round I decided to play around with making our own currency character a bit.

2 Likes

How about making it look even more like an old fasioned safe dial?
So the coin represents unlocking a safe?

https://www.google.com/search?q=safe+dial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUm4TT0_zVAhXILMAKHQQyAy4Q_AUICygC&biw=1306&bih=721&dpr=2

Edit: unusually… i’ve replied to a 2 year old post. It looked like a top recent post. No idea how I found it. haha.

1 Like

Guys this does not look that good. Sorry.

The thread is ancient… in case anyone didn’t notice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What on earth were the initial tube things? was it a framework for something else?

I actually like the new logo but it reminds me of the graffiti style ‘S’ everyone used to draw in school (way back when)
What the Hell Was That 'S' Thing Everyone Drew in School?.

Not a bad thing as it will give a certain nostagia! :wink:

3 Likes

The initial tube things were my attempt to adapt the original maidsafe logo which they aren’t using anymore.