MaidSafe and project SAFE moving forward

Your being given a new network for nothing.

You’ve been given the opportunity to make an investment that has a growth curve stretching out at least 10 years.

What exactly do you have to complain about, that is not directly related to your short term personal gain?

5 Likes

It doesn’t cost people anything to hold on to their Maidsafecoin. It’s logic that the Maidsafe team needs money, after all they have been getting by on a lowbudget.

David’s message is simply a translation from one currency to another currency, because in Troon/wordwide unfortunately they don’t accept Maidsafecoins for goods and services.

To be honest Maidsafecoin is at a price that is totally crazy, when you think about what you can do with SAFEcoins. That people still don’t see the value of this, is a total mystery to me.

People who are sleep deprived and have been doing this for months deserve better. At this moment I’m even ready to send 10% of my Maidsafecoin holding to Maidsafe, but a sadistic whale can probably let the Maidsafecoin price drop whenever he or she wants too.

I’m not blind to the fact that people who dislike this project want to see us fail, but if you believe in the project keep faith.

I’m even willing to donate fiat (try to crash the price of that whale) :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t let Maidsafecoin’s price drop blur your vision, because it’s crystal clear what Maidsafe is trying to accomplish.

5 Likes

People bought this to support SAFE network, if IT needs more $$$ we MUST help or it goes to 0 is this a hard concept? There are people behind this project who need to eat, work, travel, take care of families and keep developing. Sorry i have little sympathy for “investors” who dont have the "luxury "of seeing temp decrease increase to SAVE this project, but ALL the sympathy for developers on the other side saying loud and clear they need money asap to keep going.

4 Likes

You always seem to get the wrong end of the stick with me and then come out with some intellectual critique. . I want the devs to get funding and not have to borrow it. I want the devs to cover their backs against the criticisms which are inevitably raised when money enters the frame. I have my Maidsafe on paper wallets and thats where they will stay. I’m a long time supporter of this project. I believe this is the project to change narratives. I do certainly shudder when I see noobs falling prey to traders. You seem always to perceive my posts as complaints. Give me a break if I don’t come up to your standards.

First of all, thanks for being transparent about this case. I also welcome the plan of ramping up dev resources etc. From the previous tests I think we all can see the huge potential here and it’s the right time to speed up things, now that we have some kind of proof of concept.

However, from a financial and strategic point of view I think this is a very bad idea. Selling these coins that cheap at such a low price will give you around 1-2 M which for such a project is not really much and which other companies - companies with much lower potential - can raise pretty easily. As @dirvine correctly mentioned, this selling comes at a price! I’m just not sure if you are aware how high this price might be. On the one hand this tells me, that you are aware of the opportunity costs here, on the other it just confuses, that you still favor this way. I totally understand that being vested in the MaidSafe company you don’t want to sell shares but I think (hope) the project itself - and therefor the safecoin market - has a much bigger potential than the company itself (no offense :wink: This said it would be much cheaper to sell some shares now and use the coins at a later stage, when you need even more capital (maybe 10-20 M) and when the coins might be worth 10x or more. I don’t think that it would be too hard for your company to raise a 1-2 M round with a satisfying valuation.

It would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on why you think the coin variant is the cheaper (or strategically better) solution. Am I missing something in my assumptions?

4 Likes

@nicklambert I’m finished talking can I have the bank account details of Maidsafe I’m sending money through SEPA.

Try to crash the price of that whale :stuck_out_tongue:

Please if you love the SAFE Network, do the same [quote=“dirvine, post:139, topic:9558”]
Privacy Security and Freedom
[/quote]

8 Likes

I think we need to set straight two things:

1. The coins in question are property of the Maidsafe Foundation. Their existance was never hidden from the public. I understand that some people act upset, but as a matter of fact everyone buying Maidsafecoins after the crowdsale could have known that there have been issues during the crowdsale, leading to the generation of additional coins that were not supposed to exist. Everyone, including the Mastercoing press has been transparent on this fact. There has never been a decision to burn thdese coins, even though some people proposed that - whoever wasn´t satisfied with this condition could have sold, at least after this thread from October last year Extra MAID generated from the crowdsale.

2. Those who bought during the crowd sale had a good reason to be angry about how things were handled. However there was PLENTY of time to sell while the use of additionally generated coin wasn´t ruled out. Apparently those who complain didn´t. Likewise there was plenty of time to complain on the correspondent threads. I don´t see those who complain on these threads.

9 Likes

Good man. Give me a MAIDsafe donation address and I’ll donate 20% of what I hold.

9 Likes

I think you dont get it at all, I personaly dont mind this announcement i actually bought about 70k more at 10k, just i understand that this to some people aint a great news, so we should not be critic on those people. You might have more funds to spend but some just cant thats what i ment with “Luxury”.

But no its not a hard concept.

But this is not a great news at all, cause i rather wanted them to have the 19 million coins when they are at $1 each, can you imagine the development they can make with working Dapps around that time.

1 Like

Done! I do apologize, I did perceive you as being driven by speculation/ personal gain earlier and just assumed your push-back against Maidsafe’s decision as part of that.

Throwing stones inside the glasshouse I guess :disappointed:

7 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate your reply. Ad astra per laborem ad astra. :wink:
Maybe that’s per ardua. Often get it wrong.:scream:

7 Likes

It’s better not to touch our Maidsafecoin’s whales can manipulate the price of that. If we really want to help send fiat. I’m sending fiat, but I ABSOLUTELY don’t want Maidsafecoins in return. I know what I get in return that’s the SAFE Network. To me the SAFE Network is the most important idea that I ever came across in my life. :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest we as a community should solve Maidsafe financial problems in a day.

7 Likes

Good point. Need fiat address. With you on this. :grinning:

3 Likes

I wish you guys would do another alt-safecoin crowdsale based around structured data ala Decorum. You must have some killer ideas that could be monetized instead of risk having them gazumped by others down the track.

Is it a case of resources or not wanting to complicate things?

3 Likes

@dirvine @nicklambert is it ok if I send Bitcoins to?
1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu

Atm resources as we are in full launch mode and trying to get there with the smaller team. Crowdsales, kickstarter etc. are all in the roadmap for us internally though. We do have some potentially really good app ideas as well as some physical computing projects, but not for now. In the short term after Alpha releases start rolling then we will be announcing additional projects, like Decorum did etc. We will do that also with the same visibility and as helpfully as possible to existing projects.

So yes there will be a lot more fundraising in the mid term for sure. First though, a product :wink:

11 Likes

I do get it, im trying to point out that some price drops like this one caused by Devs selling to fund completion of this project is FANTASTIC news. This is not some WHALE dumping, this is a heart pulse of the whole project, think of it as refurburator bringing something almost dead back to life, without which it will die. Anyone who does not get it are either too stupid or too selfish to think outside of personal gain for 1 second.

3 Likes

I do appreciate the sentiment @19eddyjohn75. I do need to have a chat about all of this with David, who is in a another meeting right now. Please hang fire until we have had a chance to chat. Once again, thanks for the support!

8 Likes

Having said that: I don´t consider the sell-off of the extra generated coins a proper solution to Maidsafe`s funding issues. I am generally on team burnthecoins. I think there are better solutions to give Maidsafe the ressources to aggressively hire developers and promote the network.

In general I think it is crucial for Maidsafe to be 100% transparent on their funding plans. How much money is needed for what timescale? How many developers are supposed to be hired? What events are planned and what will they cost? I have strong doubts whether selling the extra generated MSC will generate the needed value, in particular with potentially dwindling exchange rates.

I think the community is strong enough to contribute to the development of the network. We all know that the worth of Maidsafecoins is not necessarily but effectively connected to Maidsafe and how they are capable to perform. With a solid business plan, I would be willing to contribute on a monthly basis Patreon-style.

What if Maidsafe crowdsells money for a Patreon-like platform? Maybe there is also potential to collaborate with @chadrickm idea of a Crowd Found Hub. Indeed many options and potentials. Looking forward to move forward.

2 Likes

I will be out of the meeting at 12ish I hope, thx for support, I am sure we can do something better for you and other @19eddyjohn75 you deserve better :wink:

6 Likes