MaidSafe and project SAFE moving forward

also a lot of negative feedback

Out of this entire thread, and having read about 90% (if not more of the comments), I’d say there’s been a small minority of users disagreeing with the decision to sell 20 million maidsafecoins to fund development. I don’t think I’ve seen more than three users that are against this, and the vast majority are either OK with this action-plan, or are suggesting additional funding routes.

5 Likes

you would need a custom router with modified firmware and that cant be tested on a massive scale

You wanted everyone to say, “OmG, I didn’t think of that. How did you get such insider information?” After you entered your comment to spread doubt, you realized you miscalculated disinformation-attention outlays among the community, and retreated.

Who decides what the timing will be on this sale, exactly how much MAID will be sold and exactly when? And who knows about these sales before they happen? Would sales be timed around major events and progress in the project so as to minimize their financial impact on the price of the coin?

In terms of accountability it’s important to know who is pulling the strings.

3 Likes

Dirvine mentioned that selling the coins would be the last option after exhausting other avenues for funding.

2 Likes

And will and should continue to be the case. I think the next few weeks will see some steps that will help everyone, selling coins or not. If we do (and we will have to sell at least some I think) then it will be done in a manner that is most beneficial to all holders. Well at least we will work our heart out to make that so. Lets see what comes of the work we are currently doing.

It makes sense for us to announce such things up front and then work hard to make sure our actions are then focussed on strengthening the community again. Of course one of the largest improvements will be increasing Engineer head count, it’s a real problem and the time is right as we are hurting. As a small team it’s best to hurt before recruiting, we hve pushed that a bit too far this time to try and get to Alpha first.

I think we are in a great position now to make some really positive announcements and show the strength of a solid vision and grim determination :wink:

Be good to see the back of some of the naysayers (not you) as well, negative energy does not speed up progress, ever :smiley:

29 Likes

Hip hip hurray!!! The people here that know the team is genuine and actually watch the progress while knowing also what it can give to the world, will still be here cheering and heck I may cheer even louder so the haters can hear loud and clear on the way out! :smile:

12 Likes

hi david,

totally agree with your last comment, things seemed to be becoming sour over the last couple of weeks which was so different from the past very positive situation.

if the negativites have gone then i’m very glad, they don’t help anyone!

rup

7 Likes

“If you’re not catching flak you’re not over the target”

5 Likes

lol!

nice analogy!

blue on blue is silly though…

rup

A post was split to a new topic: Mozilla will fund audits for open source projects

These are the addresses that recently donate to Maidsafe, thank you
1KZuDPsER2gPfw5DYRFr5JdDDYPhqAbyyi + 1LfYsAvrnGRu1jHak1Ca5L1Lf3HXJ1o5Mn

For donating to Maidsafe

If you want to donate the Maidsafe address is

1 Like

Do not donate to addresses that are not confirmed as what they claim. No ill will suggested.

2 Likes

Nick works for Maidsafe

3 Likes

Having checked this, the wording is bad.

@19eddyjohn75 was thanking the people who donated to MAIDSAFE and the 2 addresses are the addresses that donated to MAIDSAFE address 1vA1bWVQhXHhv6TQ6BX2av2UgvjsZ5976

See this post by @nicklambert

It was your wording, even I thought you were saying they were addresses to donate to to donate to MAIDSAFE

2 Likes

Sorry Next time I’ll just quote Nick and thank the addresses that donated. I thought if I thanked the addresses that donated and link to the blockchain.info, that people would go there and see the transactions, but how you can word something wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Better to link to an original statement by known staff than quote it… otherwise others will see an opportunity to dupe noobs.

1 Like

I agree. But too much positivity can be damaging sometimes too when expectations aren’t met.

The facts and potential of this project are mind blowing in and of themselves. I don’t think we need to have progress sugarcoated and I feel that is what happens sometimes, whether deliberately or not.

Btw out of interest, is there any wiggle room in selling some of the maidsafe company shares in a crowd sale type scenario? There’s not too much buy interest for safecoin right now so unless the news you alluded to on the SAFE crossroads podcast has a big impact on price, or whether a big milestone is achieved in the development cycle, the 24 million coins may not stretch as far as expected. Plus doing things this way would put something new on the table as opposed to taking from what is already there perhaps.

6 Likes

Agreed, if this is the route being taken they should at least be sold off market or something

I agree with this. It is better to set realistic expectations and meet or exceed them, than ambitious expectation and then miss them. The latter generates e negativity that we are all trying to avoid.

A delivery based focus is critical, IMO. There is a tendency with software to drift towards perfection, rather than delivering something useful. The Agile process should shift the focus to small cycles with concrete deliverables, even if it means delivering something simpler than hoped.

I am not fully aware of the team structure of maidsafe, other there being a nod towards some agile scrum practices. However, with sprints being resized to fit deliverables, deadlines slipping, requirements/deliverables being rather loose, it seems to me that the agile process is not being rigorously followed.

I have seen both sides of this personally. I have worked where there are no project/delivery manages, where engineers deliver things when they are ready, to requirements mostly in their heads. I have also worked where constant effort is made to follow the agile scrum process, with time always made for planning and reviewing. For me, the difference was stark - the latter made clear and obvious progress towards goals, where as the former tended to deliver late and with inappropriate prioritisation.

I have thought for some time that maidsafe does not lack good developers - quite the opposite, they seem to have a clever and hard working bunch. However, I feel it lacks delivery management, which continues to emphasise the importance on process and deliverables.

As I say, I am only looking from the outside in, so take this critique in the spirit intended - constructively and with limited knowledge of the team’s workings.

3 Likes

Agree. Perception is everything. Things have improved immensely over at Dev Update Central. . Communicating to the public is a science as complicated as coding rust and those communications should be developed and delivered in a way that doesnt undermine the efforts of all involved.

I disagree. IMO changing the message to fit the task is far better than changing the task to fit the message. As far as I can tell the MVP “Minimum Viable Product” is the target and, unfortunately for the investors, onlookers and especially David and team, that “target” is moving more than anticipated.

5 Likes