MaidSafe and project SAFE moving forward

Just to remind you & others that David has stated that selling the coins on open exchanges (e.g. Poloniex) is the last option.

Easy to miss key details in such a long thread!

Given his preference for selling in a different format, the sale of the borrowed coins needn’t cause significant downward pressure on the price of Maid.

4 Likes

I agree, and am all for thinking outside the box. However, to move from a centralized/hierarchical system to a decentralized/lateral eco-system, we need to play by at least some of the rules of the current paradigm to break free.

2 Likes

There is no reason to accept any of your claims. Someone joins the forum and a few hours later starts making fantastic offers that would require Maidsafe to drop everything and attend to his “offer”. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Drop everything? can you explain?

You are obviously a intellect. Many must await your response.

Do you think that he could accept your “offer” just like that and nothing else changes? It would preempt their deliberations and set them on a particular course.

Would you care to answer the questions?

I asked a question…

I’m not taking sides in this discussion, but wanted to let you know @bluebird is actually very respected here.

1 Like

I generally hang off every word @bluebird says.

EDIT; seriously.

EDIT; And then maybe some are paid to obfuscate.

Think about it, he just turned up out of the blue(no pun intended). Taking over the narrative.

Just to qoute your deleted comment @bluebird “Who the hell are are you to make demands? You’re either unbelievably selfish, focussed only on your own avarice, or a troublemaker.”
I merely made a suggestion, no demand was made.

Which begs the question. Who killed this thread?

1 Like

A transparent business decision has been made, the market will decide consensus.

1 Like

Thanks go out to @chrisfostertv for reviving the thread to normality.

1 Like

The decision has already been made? Where is this? I was under the impression there was some opposition to this and that DIrvine and crew had not yet made the decision.

In the blog post:

To enable us to grow SAFE as aggressively as possible the decision has been made to make best use of the 24 million MaidSafeCoins that the MaidSafe Foundation currently holds.

In the OP:

2 Likes

Ah I see. So I’m not sure what the hubbub is all about then. I wish the sale the best of luck.

3 Likes

All these pages an no-one has yet mentioned the (in my opinion) most obvious problem: Every dev update i look at the list of what the people have been doing, and keep wondering why is maidsafe wasting so much money on unnecessary stuff?

All non-vital roles should have come into the picture only after MVP release and the project proving itself plausible. We are only just arriving at that stage with testnet4.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that they sack the tea lady?

I know for a fact, back in the C++ days, David was emptying the bins around the office himself. Maybe he does the toilets also these days…I’m not seeing too much fat, maybe you can elaborate on what roles are non-vital currently?

2 Likes

I think the auction of public IDs should work in the following way:

1. There is a website where you type in the public ID that you would want to register.
  2. You enter the word you want.
  3. Once you submit it, if nobody requested it previously, it creates a new auction and it is published publicly on the front page that a new auction has started at 50 USD for %Public ID%.
    If someone else already requested it, it simply redirects to the open auction to make a counteroffer. The auction should close in a week.
  4. If in such a period of time nobody makes a counteroffer, the one who created the auction first gets it for 50 bucks.
    4.1) If someone else sees the open auction and gets interested in the Public ID, makes an offer to outbid.

I think it is quite straightforward.

2 Likes
  1. I saw a quote of a burn rate of £2000 per day … can financials statements be produced to show where all the money is going?
  2. There’s a nice roadmap, but no timelines. Can dates be added to roadmap?

I think the above two points might ease some fears.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood you, the address below is for donations only

There is an address given by @nicklambert further up in this topic. I will see if I can find it. But if for some reason I do not update this reply with it, do a search on this topic for all @nicklambert’s replies,

BTW: @nicklambert works for MAIDSAFE and so that address is offical. Donations only (sorry if I misunderstood your post)

EDIT: found

1 Like

The release process
The purpose of the development roadmap is to provide an indication of the SAFE Network’s up and coming features. There are no timescales at this stage as the speed at which MaidSafe will iterate through the alpha testing stage is unknown and is dependent upon how well the network performs during testing.

However, it is anticipated that having the core network in place will make it significantly easier to test the addition of new features than ever before. It may become possible to be more specific with timescales as we enter beta phase.

3 Likes